Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I can’t imagine R8 and the original script, as well as the new script with the red badge isn’t trademarked. All of the model desihnations would be I would have to imagine.
R8 wasn't trademarked when I bought mine, I checked U.S.A. website for trademarks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought mine from Auto style. Second set. Also bought a pair for my S8. Love them

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
****...those look sick AF! is Auto Style Canadian based?

How much do you pay? Link?!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dead Troll: I'm really liking that metal heel plate more than i thought i would. so much so, that i just ordered a set. woot! Came out to roughly 150 bones with shipping to houston TX.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dead Troll: I'm really liking that metal heel plate more than i thought i would. so much so, that i just ordered a set. woot! Came out to roughly 150 bones with shipping to houston TX.
dude.. thats what sold me these matts. Those metal heel plates SICK! Got mine ordered yesterday so will be getting mine in next week as well. #winningggggggggggggg

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love the heel plates. I also have it on the drivers side of my S8. Other than the looks, the other reason I like them is you dont get a wear spot where your hell is resting all the time on the mat. For the R8, I had to do both sides.

You will love them!!!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Well found Sir, but as others have also registered R8 on this system perhaps Audi do not have sole rights to it?
Of that I am not sure. I just know they trademark those things, as well as future things coming. For example, when the Q series vehicles were first introduced, they also trademarked all of the numbers as well as the S and RS variants of them, for future use. I remember folks thinking the Q5 would be called the Q5S and Q5RS (since the TT nomenclature went that direction), but others found that it would actually be the other way around when looking into trademarks applied for. And then, of course, we’ve seen the SQ5 and the RSQ3 and a number of new ones on the way.

A company that large wouldn’t not trademark their logos, text, and phrases.

So I’m sure, just as most of the honeycomb RS grille knockoffs come from China, the same can be said for a lot of the other items that operate outside of the law, skirting the system. While others, perhaps more legitimate ones, pay a trademark fee to Audi to use their logos. Or just haven’t gotten caught yet/aren’t a big enough operation to warrant them being gone after.

I do know the UK distributor X-UK (Xenon), that makes high quality RS grilles and bumpers for aftermarket upgrade was shut down at one point by Audi. Not sure the current status of that.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Perhaps this could explain a loophole in the law - IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: Motor vehicles and structural parts thereof! I wouldn't consider a carpet falls into this description ?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts