Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have $70k-$90k to spend for an R8... I'm not a racer guy or really a car guy. I just love the way they look and like that they are not on every block.

1. Don't want pre- subframe problem car. So I'm guessing that's 2011+ (would like 2014-15) ? Correct me if I'm wrong.
2. Would like sub 40k miles (but not obsessed).
3. Automatic transmission
4. Prefer V10
5. Would like a coup... I generally like convertibles, but not so much the R8 spyder.
6. Prefer darker colors.. for sure do not want red exterior or interior. I suppose if the exterior was red and it was too good to pass up, I could vinyl wrap it.

Anyway, I'm looking to buy in the next two weeks, so if you know someone, please let me know. I'm already looking on AutoTrader, GarGurus...etc.

Thanks,
Kev
P.S. - feel free to ridicule me :cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, how would you rate this depreciation table?? Not by how you feel, but by what you have seen...

Audi R8 Depreciation (link to depreciation table)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, just put a deposit on a 2014 V8.... can't wait for it to get to me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I can see no one is reading this, but as a record of my absolute DELIGHT... I just wired the money and am now waiting for my R8 to arrive... I am SOOOO PUMPED!!!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Congrats. Tell us more. :)

·
Registered
2018 R8 PLUS Coupe
78 Posts
Well, I can see no one is reading this, but as a record of my absolute DELIGHT... I just wired the money and am now waiting for my R8 to arrive... I am SOOOO PUMPED!!!
Congratulation on your new ride! We all remember the exciting day that the R8 was finally registered in our name!
Keep us posted with a photo or five, and welcome to the owner's club!
:cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will, I'm going to video it coming off the enclosed shipping truck! And thank you @viappc for the congrats!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Congrats. Tell us more. :)
Ok... if you insist! ha ha hah

2014 V8 with 4,137 miles on it. Was a collector car. The guy is very ill and selling off his collection (mostly porsche, but he had this R8 as his wife's addition to the collection).

Black Perl ext. Black int. Bone stock as far as cosmetics or enhancements.

Pretty much a brand new car!

Oh and in case you're wondering why I didn't get a v10... Well, I looked at them a lot and read a lot of posts here from owners of both and since I'm not really a racer guy, and since I drove the v8 and thought it was a blast, I figured the v8 was the way to go.
Also, if I decide I want more power, I'll add a supercharger. I still may add an exhaust and a front splitter just for the look, probably some wheels, definitly some window tint out here in San Diego where the sun gets hot. Not really sure what else...

Reactions: DaveL and Trev450

·
Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
254 Posts
Congratulations, 2ATshirts! The R8's are such great cars. Sounds like a great find. Exhaust is a very popular upgrade to enhance the incredible sound of these engines though not sure on the legality in Cali.

The magnetic ride suspension can fail a lot on the R8's and we have spent a lot of time designing and developing an Ohlins TTX coilover option that connects you to the car better than stock improving steering, ride and handling. You can go www.ahlmanperformance.com/products/ohlins-ttx-ahlman-performance-stageii-for-gen1-audi-r8-2191 if and when you want to see more details along with plenty of posts by others here. We sell BBS wheels as well.

Have fun with her! Post pictures!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Ok... if you insist! ha ha hah

2014 V8 with 4,137 miles on it. Was a collector car. The guy is very ill and selling off his collection (mostly porsche, but he had this R8 as his wife's addition to the collection).

Black Perl ext. Black int. Bone stock as far as cosmetics or enhancements.

Pretty much a brand new car!

Oh and in case you're wondering why I didn't get a v10... Well, I looked at them a lot and read a lot of posts here from owners of both and since I'm not really a racer guy, and since I drove the v8 and thought it was a blast, I figured the v8 was the way to go.
Also, if I decide I want more power, I'll add a supercharger. I still may add an exhaust and a front splitter just for the look, probably some wheels, definitly some window tint out here in San Diego where the sun gets hot. Not really sure what else...
As you say, virtually a new car with that mileage. Sounds like a real find.

Reactions: ExpertRanch

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations, 2ATshirts! The R8's are such great cars. Sounds like a great find. Exhaust is a very popular upgrade to enhance the incredible sound of these engines though not sure on the legality in Cali.

The magnetic ride suspension can fail a lot on the R8's and we have spent a lot of time designing and developing an Ohlins TTX coilover option that connects you to the car better than stock improving steering, ride and handling. You can go www.ahlmanperformance.com/products/ohlins-ttx-ahlman-performance-stageii-for-gen1-audi-r8-2191 if and when you want to see more details along with plenty of posts by others here. We sell BBS wheels as well.

Have fun with her! Post pictures!
I'll be working with @SpeedOneMotorsports for everything, so I'm sure he has your stuff :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As you say, virtually a new car with that mileage. Sounds like a real find.
Yes I feel supremely blessed to have found this incredible car. I looked at so many for so long. I have have two 1/8 scale models in my office.. ha ha hha ah... it's been a three year journey so far...with the true decision being made only about two months ago. I would have been happy with anything under 40k miles.. but to find one with 4k miles... and at a great price... and the dealer who handles this guy's collection got me a HUGE discount on shipping. The car is in Floriday and I got 15 quotes... avg price $2500 (none enclosed carrier)... he got me the carrier they use (enclosed) for $1200. As I didn't want to do a cross country drive.

Reactions: Trev450

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats any pics this far? In for more info on the ohlins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no pics yet. But I'll be videoing the delivery so I'll make sure to post that.

·
Registered
310 Posts
no pics yet. But I'll be videoing the delivery so I'll make sure to post that.
That’s totally exciting. Will love to see the delivery! Where did you purchase and who did you use for shipping if you don’t mind me asking also the cost? Looking myself

·
Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
254 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That’s totally exciting. Will love to see the delivery! Where did you purchase and who did you use for shipping if you don’t mind me asking also the cost? Looking myself

The dealership is Rosner Motor Sports and I worked with Mike Martinez who is a partner in the dealership. They have another R8 still for sale if you're looking. As for shipping, not sure yet who it is, he arranged everything. They'll be calling me Monday or Tuesday of next week to make sure I'll be there for delivery. I can't tell you how excited I am.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The dealership is Rosner Motor Sports and I worked with Mike Martinez who is a partner in the dealership. They have another R8 still for sale if you're looking. As for shipping, not sure yet who it is, he arranged everything. They'll be calling me Monday or Tuesday of next week to make sure I'll be there for delivery. I can't tell you how excited I am.
Wait was this the black one that they had? I was looking at that! Is that the one with the low mileage ??? Have a pic of it? Yes that’s who I spoke with briefly. MIke

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Wait was this the black one that they had? I was looking at that! Is that the one with the low mileage ??? Have a pic of it? Yes that’s who I spoke with briefly. MIke

Yep! ha ah hahah Are you looking to buy right now? I don't have any pics that were not on their website, I haven't taken delivery yet. Mike overnighted the title paperwork yesterday after I wired the money. So today I sign and return and tomorrow they start driving towards me. :)

Had I not gotten the one I did, I was looking at this one next:

I test drove this one and it's the one that sold me on the V8:

Though it did smell a little of burnt oil when coming in and I asked to pop the engine compartment to look and everything looked fine but it smelled like oil dropped onto a hot pipe... probably nothing as it is a certified Audi at an Audi dealership. probably still on warranty...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yep! ha ah hahah Are you looking to buy right now? I don't have any pics that were not on their website, I haven't taken delivery yet. Mike overnighted the title paperwork yesterday after I wired the money. So today I sign and return and tomorrow they start driving towards me. :)

Had I not gotten the one I did, I was looking at this one next:

I test drove this one and it's the one that sold me on the V8:

Though it did smell a little of burnt oil when coming in and I asked to pop the engine compartment to look and everything looked fine but it smelled like oil dropped onto a hot pipe... probably nothing as it is a certified Audi at an Audi dealership. probably still on warranty...
Hahaha. I will watch This delivery I will imagine it was me hahaha. This was one of my questions. I have been searching and researching about a year maybe less. And at one point I’m on the same 3 sites how does one search ?????? I never heard of toybarn!!!! It’s almost hit or miss. I just drove a white one that was for sale at cosmo motors but sold to Audi winnington de so I drove there to look at a) color white was not high on my list and drive it and I thought about it and said it wasn’t too bad!!! I called them back and there’s a deposit on it lol. Then the same on another and now Rosner!!! Maybe the R8 gods are trying to tell me something hahahah. Found another one in Chicago but not heard back from them after a couple texts.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts