Audi R8 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry for the late reply Steve.. Our power was out for almost 3 days.. I am just getting back to email and other important matters like R8 stuff ha hah aha...

Man, just do the deal with Matt... all these questions... I am not an expert, but he is.. and he wants to help you. Every day you can know that he is looking for you (if you go full service like I did) or if you go #2... all the cars you send to him, he checks out (calls the dealer on your behalf...etc)... I mean you start looking forward to your calls with him each day because you get to just focus on what you can understand.. how it looks! ha hahahah
Stop torturing yourself... and let him help you.
Ah sorry to hear about the power hopefully all back to normal! Interesting part I tracked down from the car fax the owner and he is a super cool guy told me everything about the car what was done to it what is wrong with it and he was aware that Chevy did the ac compressor replacement. Hw states after it was done the ac was normal again...He said he googled it and you can do it without an engine removal but I’m not too sure since the person who did it wasn’t a certified Audi tech. And, who knows what they did ( even he said he’s more a bmw guy ) so will see. I know what he trade it in for and what they are asking so my question is how much can I get them down. They would be making a huge profit at asking price and even if I could get a couple thousand off they are STILL making a load on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Here is the off loading video:
Oh, if you don't read the details... the knocking sound in the portion where I drive home is not the car, it sounded perfect.. the knocking sound was the camera knocking against the roof.

Also, I edited it quick and made a mistake that makes it look like it's a 1 hr 9 minutes video.. it's only 24 minutes...So after 24 minutes when it goes black...that's the end. I'm trying to trim it via YouTube right now.. takes forever.

Don't mind the channel.. I didn't know where else to post it so it would be easy to share.

Reactions: SprtsCrDad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep! ha ah hahah Are you looking to buy right now? I don't have any pics that were not on their website, I haven't taken delivery yet. Mike overnighted the title paperwork yesterday after I wired the money. So today I sign and return and tomorrow they start driving towards me. :)

Had I not gotten the one I did, I was looking at this one next:

I test drove this one and it's the one that sold me on the V8:

Though it did smell a little of burnt oil when coming in and I asked to pop the engine compartment to look and everything looked fine but it smelled like oil dropped onto a hot pipe... probably nothing as it is a certified Audi at an Audi dealership. probably still on warranty...

Funny, I actually bought the v10 you mentioned above (
WUAENAFG4CN000224) at the end of December!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Funny, I actually bought the v10 you mentioned above (WUAENAFG4CN000224) at the end of December!
Well, you made a great choice I bet.. Looks beautiful.. it was actually my first choice in color and engine.... I don't remember the miles, but when I got a 2014 with 4k miles on it... I jumped and I am happy I did. I would have been just as happy had I gotten that one. Maybe happier :) ... where in the world are you located...? Are you going to the So.Cal R8 ride on the 23rd? - I think that R8 would look nice with a light bronze wheel! (I saw a grey with bronze wheels once and it was the best looking I've seen so far... not bright shiney gold... but a subdued bronze)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, you made a great choice I bet.. Looks beautiful.. it was actually my first choice in color and engine.... I don't remember the miles, but when I got a 2014 with 4k miles on it... I jumped and I am happy I did. I would have been just as happy had I gotten that one. Maybe happier :) ... where in the world are you located...? Are you going to the So.Cal R8 ride on the 23rd? - I think that R8 would look nice with a light bronze wheel! (I saw a grey with bronze wheels once and it was the best looking I've seen so far... not bright shiney gold... but a subdued bronze)
Thanks man! I think it was a great choice, but I've nothing to compare it to so, time will tell :) It has a fabspeed, valvtronic exhaust which sounds really pissed off when you lay into it.

I'm in Ohio, so I probably won't make it to Cali, but it sounds awesome. I wonder if there's any R8 meet-ups or cars n' coffee in my neck of the woods. Not sure how to find out.

Good point on the wheels. That would look sick! I'll have to go look at some.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts