Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
Sad day, indeed, Trev! But as Dave said, those here are fortunate enough to have one in the garage!

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
That memo IS genuine ... and almost all (except 17) of the 150 GTs coming to the US have been awarded.

Reactions: ezmaass and Trev450

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
That memo IS genuine ... and almost all (except 17) of the 150 GTs coming to the US have been awarded.
Awarded meaning allocated for sale to particular dealerships? Or actually sold?

Going, going....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Whenever I think about getting rid of mine sitting in the garage not being used over the winter which is most the year here, I think about things like this letter and that makes me not want to give it up.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Awarded meaning allocated for sale to particular dealerships? Or actually sold?

Going, going....
Essentially assigned builds to dealerships - Allocations usually imply the ability to specify or order a car. These are just pre-configured (only option is color, for the US : Tango, Daytona or Mythos) and AoA is not asking what color you want, just handing them out. None are actually in production yet - nearer the end of this year for about 40 of them, the rest will trickle well into 2023 - like mid-year before they wrap...

Reactions: ezmaass and mhenry

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
Essentially assigned builds to dealerships - Allocations usually imply the ability to specify or order a car. These are just pre-configured (only option is color, for the US : Tango, Daytona or Mythos) and AoA is not asking what color you want, just handing them out. None are actually in production yet - nearer the end of this year for about 40 of them, the rest will trickle well into 2023 - like mid-year before they wrap...
Thanks for the insights, Roger! A true end of an era now.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
There seems a lot of confusion regarding this notice. In Canada, my dealer said this likely will not effect my order. I have a production number but not a build date/week.
If you have a Factory submitted and Frozen-to-Changes order, I'd say you're 50:50. If you have a scheduled production week, I'd say that IMPROVES your odds by 90%, if not, back to 50:50. If your order is NOT Frozen, but IS scheduled, I'd say you're at about 60-75% solid. Anything else, I'd say there's perhaps hope but no chance. I can't check AoC Comm Nos or I'd offer a more specific opinion... but hope for your success in any/every case.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you have a Factory submitted and Frozen-to-Changes order, I'd say you're 50:50. If you have a scheduled production week, I'd say that IMPROVES your odds by 90%, if not, back to 50:50. If your order is NOT Frozen, but IS scheduled, I'd say you're at about 60-75% solid. Anything else, I'd say there's perhaps hope but no chance. I can't check AoC Comm Nos or I'd offer a more specific opinion... but hope for your success in any/every case.
let’s hope for the best. Once I got my production number I started ordering a bunch of aftermarket parts lol. No r8 but plenty parts…

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
What in the world happened to US allocations for 2023?! Especially Quattro cars...seems like most new cars have been RWD in the US. Has anyone received an allocation for AWD in the US within the past year?
Yes - just built a Performance quattro coupe ...allocated last month

1 - 20 of 33 Posts