Audi R8 Forums banner

Lots of reviews, but ...

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul 
#1 ·
... no mention of reflections from the monospoto trim!

It has been the subject of some speculation here that having a ... piano black ... or carbon sigma ... monospoto may result in reflections on the windscreen.

So far as we know ... the main reason that silver carbon sigma trim will not be a customer option ... is it might mean unacceptable interference in forward vision.

However ... I have read my fair share of reviews ... both online and in print ... and I can't recall a single mention of windscreen reflections from the monospoto ... and I suspect all trim variations have been reviewed by now.

#2 ·
I dont think taht the reviewers are so detailbeloved that they have really focused on such things... i remember sitting in the R8 the first time in Zurich.. my only concern was if I (with my 1.90) will fit under the roof.. then i played a bit with the manual gearknob and turnded some buttons, and held the steering... but i never really checked what is reflected in windscreen...

As I mentioned once in a past thread... I checked the windscreen reflection in my A6 (got a wooden Sline steeringwheel).. and it would reflect like hell, would the woodtrim be as far in front as the monoposto is...

hope my writing made sense and you could follow my thoughts :eek:

so in summary, if you want to be sure, just dont tick that box at let yourself be covered in leather.. from top to bottom :eek: :eek: :D

#3 ·
Indeed ... you have a good point about the initial reviews R8chris ... they probably wouldn't have been looking at things like windscreen reflection ... although I would have thought if it was severe ... one of them may have mentioned it.

#4 ·
Reflection in the windscreen will be an issue with both Piano Black and Carbon Sigma interior trim. More or less, depending on light conditions.

BUT, there is one benefite with specially, Carbon Sigma trim-low wear. With all leather wear will be an issue. Specially with drivers door handle-how will it look after few months?

All leather trim is most cost effective, but then you may choose normal side blades and engine bay as well...

#6 ·
True ... luckily I have a couple of pairs ... :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.