Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my huracan on the highway then i saw an R8 V10 plus (2016 model ) who was teasing me to race him
Talked to the owner and told me his car is stock .. mine is stock as well
We started the race from a roll of 40 km/h
From 40 to 200 km/h we were equally the same then guess what ? He was slowly passing me! But i hit the brakes ( lol )
How come did that happen??
Arent the audi R8 V10+ and the LP610-4 identical in everything

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
So you were essentially equal until you hit around 200km/h, and then the R8 started pulling ahead? Were you in auto or manual? Sometimes a simple poorly-timed shift can make a big difference. While very similar, I have to believe there's still some tuning differences with ECU and TCU, and if anything, I would have expected it to favor the Huracan... no less also being a bit lighter.

Nonetheless, there's also the possibility he wasn't being 100% honest about being stock, either. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes .. i think his car is tuned .. thats the only explaination

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was on Auto

·
Registered
914 Posts
Gearing I believe is a tad shorter in the R8 V10 Plus over Huracan to offset the slightly heavier Audi.

I've done 10.6 @ 130 MPH and others have clicked similar numbers it's pretty much a dead heat race. I wouldn't sweat getting passed by a small amount. End of the day both cars are awesome. :)

EDIT: I've done a 60-130 MPH time of 7.4 in the R8. I believe Brooks on dragtimes got a slightly slower 60-130 MPH in his Huracan he races on there all the time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gearing I believe is a tad shorter in the R8 V10 Plus over Huracan to offset the slightly heavier Audi.

I've done 10.6 @ 130 MPH and others have clicked similar numbers it's pretty much a dead heat race. I wouldn't sweat getting passed by a small amount. End of the day both cars are awesome.

EDIT: I've done a 60-130 MPH time of 7.4 in the R8. I believe Brooks on dragtimes got a slightly slower 60-130 MPH in his Huracan he races on there all the time.
Yes both cars are awsome 👍

·
Registered
62 Posts
Drag coefficient will play a major part at high speeds. Drag seems to be 0.36 for the R8 and 0.38 for the Lambo. But then you have to take spoilers wings etc that are there for downforce as they drag the car back at high speeds. I think if the R8 was tuned it would have shown an advantage earlier on tbh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts