Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
so you guys from the UK actually get THE luggage for the R8 - the set, made from CF and leather? (worth 4k EUR or so) ???
or is it a different one?

cause all my presents I received along the line waiting for my R8, would not sum up to 1k...

·
Registered
617 Posts
so you guys from the UK actually get THE luggage for the R8 - the set, made from CF and leather? (worth 4k EUR or so) ???
or is it a different one?

cause all my presents I received along the line waiting for my R8, would not sum up to 1k...
R8Chris,

We do not get the nice carbon / leather luggage at €4k

Audi UK have commissioned a small independent maker to supply some customised luggaage. Check this website and you can purchase each piece for £300 each.

http://www.bespokeluggage.com/r8.htm

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here in Australia we will not be getting the luggage.
My wife is currently in London and I am thinking of buying a set.
Can someone who has it already got it tell me what the quality is like and what is it made of please?
ie Is it worth buying?

·
Registered
718 Posts
See above post.

L3MAN has received his.

I received a letter from Audi a few days ago saying mine will be with my dealer within 7 days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Received mine yesterday, two bags, black leather, one to fit in the base of the luggage bay and another to lie across the top. both have Audi logo and R8 embossed in the leather

Nice touch from Audi - Thanks very much!

·
Registered
772 Posts
did everyone in the UK who got their cars in Q4 receive the complimentary luggage set?

My car arrives in the next few weeks and I was wondering when this little bonus expires?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got my car two weeks ago. No luggage set yet. As I understand it all car owners who take delivery in 07 are to get luggage set, but no word so far??

·
Registered
718 Posts
GR8 - I got a call 4-6 weeks after delivery of the car. The dealer had received the luggage and I then collected it from them.

Suggest you call your dealer.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think the luggage is more of a novelty. I think that cramming well folded clothes into the hood and behind the seats is probably the most effective way of going on vacation.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think the luggage is more of a novelty. I think that cramming well folded clothes into the hood and behind the seats is probably the most effective way of going on vacation.
Problem being, when you arrive at the posh 5-star hotel the other end, you look a right tit carrying piles of clothes through reception.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts