Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
I also ordered the bespoke luggages from Paul in the UK. Love them, very practical.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the full Audi luggage set thrown in as part of the deal on my car. The list price is ludicrous but if a set ever comes up at sensible money on ebay grab it! It's superbly made from nappa leather with suede linings and carbon fibre for the handle support areas. There are three cases (2 fit on the rear bench), a briefcase, a suit carrier and two washbags (not pictured but they fit in the space either side of the suit carrier). Sorry for the crappy camera phone pic quality.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Speaking of luggage...for those in the US.....

Back when some you did the group luggage buy from Paul, I hadn't placed my order for the R8 V10. I didn't do that until April....but I followed your thread and bought the luggage then from Paul.

Everything went well except the luggage cost was higher (as expected) and the shipping was a whopping $240. I had 2 custom made semi-soft pieces for the rear shelf as well. 4 bags total.

I had a bit of trouble paying Paul since my bank couldn't wire him the funds for some reason. So I sent him a Bank Foreign Draft made out in pounds. This cost me $100 more than his quoted $ price due to a poor exchange rate. This was OK though.

The other day I got a bill from Fed Ex for Duty/Customs for another $100.

Did you US people have to pay additional charges to the shipper when you took delivery?

Thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
161 Posts
http://www.audi-collection.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=AHB378+BLKGRY&SKW=AUBB&Cat=you&SubLevel=5&lcat=

R8 custom luggage set
Item Number: AHB378
These five pieces form a premier collection, each embossed with The Audi R8 logo. This leather luggage set includes a suit bag with two hangers; a briefcase for documents or a 17-inch laptop; a suitcase with a carbon handle and hidden compartment; and two compact wash bags. All are lined with high- quality Nardia microfiber. Available in the following colors: black leather with gray lining or mustang brown, pale gray or luxor beige leather with black lining. Imported.
Luggage with arrive in 4-6 months, as each set is made to order. Your payment will be processed when your order is placed.

Price $7,500.00

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Nice to see this thread re-open! Now that I've finally got a car coming, I'm thinking about such things!

Is Bespoke unwilling to settle with a credit card or Pay-Pal? That would sure make the international settlement issues easier. I just paid an 8 mo. old traffic ticket (unseen traffic cam. on a "closed" street!) from Syracuse in Sicily with my Visa. Easy as can be! :rolleyes:

That shipping charge does sound a bit high, but I'm sure there's a premium attached for the customs brokerage service (even though they, of course, billed you for the actual duty).

A fellow I used to know bought some very special, very finely crafted leather luggage from Mexico. He had a leather crafting workshop in Oaxaca who made a small purse sized shoulder bag that expanded to carry-on size, made of exquisite leather at a very attractive price. My friend (now dead, unfortunately) bought them to give away to clients, but his source might be traceable.

I'm wondering if one could source some custom made luggage in Mexico? The NAFTA duty free advantage might make it attractive? Maybe when I get a car, I'll take some measurements and do some checking? (I know, quality issues can be a big factor in Mexico, but you can get fine work there if you seek it out.)

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Nice to see this thread re-open! Now that I've finally got a car coming, I'm thinking about such things!

Is Bespoke unwilling to settle with a credit card or Pay-Pal? That would sure make the international settlement issues easier.

That shipping charge does sound a bit high, but I'm sure there's a premium attached for the customs brokerage service (even though they, of course, billed you for the actual duty).

A fellow I used to know bought some very special, very finely crafted leather luggage from Mexico. He had a leather crafting workshop in Oaxaca who made a small purse sized shoulder bag that expanded to carry-on size, made of exquisite leather at a very attractive price. My friend (now dead, unfortunately) bought them to give away to clients, but his source might be traceable.

I'm wondering if one could source some custom made luggage in Mexico? The NAFTA duty free advantage might make it attractive? Maybe when I get a car, I'll take some measurements and do some checking?
Shipping for my set was $250; I paid Paul with a wire transfer which cost $20. I paid a $20 fee to FedEx for the customs clearance. One of the pieces was damaged and Paul replaced it at his cost without any questions or hassles.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Swansailor: did you pay duty in addn. to the $20 customs brokerage fee?

PS: is there enough interest out there to do another group buy of the Bespoke luggage?
Those you who were in on that before: did you end up settling on a price significantly lower than Bespoke's listed price?
Certainly seems like it's good stuff.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm interested in a group buy from Bespoken if we can get a significant discount. :) 2 hard black leather for the boot and 2 soft limestone gray leather for behind the seats.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Check out the other post on the previous group buy. I wasn't part of it, but I think that they needed 10 minimum orders to get a discount.

Steve

·
Registered
761 Posts
I got the full Audi luggage set thrown in as part of the deal on my car. The list price is ludicrous but if a set ever comes up at sensible money on ebay grab it! It's superbly made from nappa leather with suede linings and carbon fibre for the handle support areas. There are three cases (2 fit on the rear bench), a briefcase, a suit carrier and two washbags (not pictured but they fit in the space either side of the suit carrier). Sorry for the crappy camera phone pic quality.
No offense but I prefer Bespoke's luggages. Bespoke's make more sense in fitting and way it looks. Audi's luggage look like business suitcases while Bespoke's look like real travel luggages.

Anyway you got your set free, so can't complain. :)

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Swansailor: did you pay duty in addn. to the $20 customs brokerage fee?

PS: is there enough interest out there to do another group buy of the Bespoke luggage?
Those you who were in on that before: did you end up settling on a price significantly lower than Bespoke's listed price?
Certainly seems like it's good stuff.
I did not pay any duty.

I suggest you write to Paul about more luggage... he was excellent to deal with and the quality of the product is very high.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I have been emailing back and forth with Paul since May 5th. They have some R8 bags in stock as of his last replay on 7/7. If more people contact him, and we can get some better group pricing that would be great.

I have inquired about the two hard cases for the front and the one large soft one for behind the seats, all in black leather. I have asked for a price several times and not heard a solid response yet. I have also sent plans for a black leather notepad (5"x8" pad and done in the same leather and with the same R8 embosed logo) and asked for a price and time estimate for it. I still have not heard any specific answers on this either, besides he should be getting it as soon as the factory workers get back from their holiday (whatever it is).

I have sent him a new email tonight and mentioned that others may be interested. I will post any news I get from him.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I have been emailing back and forth with Paul since May 5th. They have some R8 bags in stock as of his last replay on 7/7. If more people contact him, and we can get some better group pricing that would be great.

I have inquired about the two hard cases for the front and the one large soft one for behind the seats, all in black leather. I have asked for a price several times and not heard a solid response yet. I have also sent plans for a black leather notepad (5"x8" pad and done in the same leather and with the same R8 embosed logo) and asked for a price and time estimate for it. I still have not heard any specific answers on this either, besides he should be getting it as soon as the factory workers get back from their holiday (whatever it is).
I'd potentially be interested in the soft bags, and if I understand his website correctly, a "full" set of the soft luggage comprises 1 small bag for the "well" forward and 2 large, long bags, one for the upper fwd. area and one for the parcel shelf area behind the seats. Likely, that's what I'd want, in black.

I won't have a car to measure for about 6 weeks, but I'm interested in the dimensions of the long bag. Does it ENTIRELY fill the parcel shelf (lengthwise), or is there some room left? My preference would be for the latter, so as to leave room for the odd purse, brief case, etc. in addition to the luggage.

I'd potentially be interested in a "group buy", if that proves feasible. Reviewing the email from "Paul" (another thread), it sounds as though he was amenable to a discount for 5, more for 10, but that was some time ago. I likely won't contact him directly until I actually have a car. But if something of a group nature is getting underway, I'd be in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No offense but I prefer Bespoke's luggages. Bespoke's make more sense in fitting and way it looks. Audi's luggage look like business suitcases while Bespoke's look like real travel luggages.

Anyway you got your set free, so can't complain. :)
None taken. I was going to go for an aftermarket set until I got the Audi factory set thrown in. I'm glad I did as I don't like the full length rear shelf bag the aftermarket solutions offer. The Audi cases hold a surprising amount of stuff, are easy to carry and are beautifully made. Each to their own I guess.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I ordered from Paul at Bespoke.....

I got the small bag and large one for the "boot" and he made 2 semi-soft small suitcases for the real shelf. Since I put in the order myself, it was quite expensive. (It is now up to $1850 inclusive of ALL charges.)

I had a bit of trouble with Wells Fargo trying to do a wire transfer to 2 different accounts Paul gave me, so I sent a Bank Foreign draft (extra $20)in Pounds Sterling US International mail. My exchange rate was POOR so I ended up paying $100 more than Paul's US $ price. Shipping was good and fast..Fed Ex.. for $240, but now I am dealing with another $100 bill from Fed Ex for import duty/customs. I will work on this with Fed Ex....as Paul labeled the luggage as "commercial Samples". The duty should have been about $20 or$30 , not $100.

We'll see how it works out.
Paul is very reliable....just sometimes a bit slow to respond to E-mail.
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I ordered the complete set. My cost with everything was $1050 delivered. The three pieces hold a great deal of clothes, etc. The back shelf is taken up completely, but because the netting is there you can fit some small additional items in the netting.

Paul was great to work with for me. I paid with PayPal.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I would be up for a group buy if its a good deal, 2 large, 1 small, black.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts