Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another rad example of the turn-key design/intention/execution of our VF Engineering VF800 Supercharger System being professionally installed by one of our newest international dealers from Avenida Las Condes, Chile!

The team at Impopartes S.A. did an awesome job of documenting the install from start to finish,... and offered incredible feedback from their customer post-install.

The entire build was completed within a week's time due to the direct bolt-on design of our system - with just limited support from our in-house technical team. The installation was thoroughly monitored, vetted, and quality ensured using remote technical support. The end result is an additional 200+ horsepower and 200+ ft. lbs. of torque, on traditional pump fuel, tuned on the factory ECU, with virtually no change in normal service and maintenance.

One of the key benefits of our supercharger systems for all (Gen1 and Gen2) Audi and Lamborghini V10 applications is the proven reputation for long-term reliability which is hugely confidence-inspiring for enthusiasts looking for hypercar-like performance from their daily drivable supercar!

For more information feel free to ask you questions or make a comment below, and we will do our best to reply as quickly as possible.

Thanks for watching and reading!

VF Engineering / HEX Tunning
www.VFE1.com
Anaheim, CA
[email protected]

Reactions: nicocaps and DaveL

·
Supporting Vendor
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We released the first V10 Supercharger system in 2009.
Since then we have successfully sold and installed (or supported the installation of) more than 300 systems in total, all around the world.

There are zero common issues ... and the reliability, longevity, and versatility have been stellar.

We have a small handful of customers who have accumulated as much as 80,000 - 100,000 miles, which included a mix of daily driving, long-distance road rallies, and extensive track use.

In regards to whether it was worth it or not, we also have dozens of repeat customers who have supercharged more than one vehicle with us.

A GOOGLE search, YouTube search, and even a search here on the forum will take you to a LOT of independent reviews from dealers, owners, journalists, etc... who have first-hand (short term and long term experience). And if you want any direct references from a dealer or customer who may be local to you, feel free to drop us a private message and I can connect you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We released the first V10 Supercharger system in 2009.
Since then we have successfully sold and installed (or supported the installation of) more than 300 systems in total, all around the world.

There are zero common issues ... and the reliability, longevity, and versatility have been stellar.

We have a small handful of customers who have accumulated as much as 80,000 - 100,000 miles, which included a mix of daily driving, long-distance road rallies, and extensive track use.

In regards to whether it was worth it or not, we also have dozens of repeat customers who have supercharged more than one vehicle with us.

A GOOGLE search, YouTube search, and even a search here on the forum will take you to a LOT of independent reviews from dealers, owners, journalists, etc... who have first-hand (short term and long term experience). And if you want any direct references from a dealer or customer who may be local to you, feel free to drop us a private message and I can connect you.
Read that whole thread please. I've got some pictures on there.

My experience with your newest V8 supercharger (limited to 19 units), has not been in line with the comments you wrote saying

"There are zero common issues ... and the reliability, longevity, and versatility have been stellar. "

Do you mean just the SC kit, and not associated drivetrain parts influenced by the SC? Do you have any data on that?

I would think that each SC variation is its own distinct product line subject to its own analysis.

Clearly the v10 SC's were produced in greater numbers and have more data and miles.

My assumption is that the OEM V10 drivetrain parts (clutch, axles, etc.) are a bit stronger and more durable...?

Maybe "bolt on" is not the right verbiage for advertising the product.

A disclaimer may be a good idea. Did I miss that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I would suspect the potential buyers of this type of upgrade are drivers who really want the absolute extra thrill of adding so much HP to their stock cars that some points made by Bgetty1 are valid. Drop clutch starts are going to be part of the enjoyment of adding this power to any car. I have never been and will never be a "drop clutch" kind of driver but that's me. But is it a part of those who spend the thousands on this upgrade? I dare say it probably is and certainly VF would have to know this will be part of the joy in making this upgrade. VF certainly knows their product and they have a solid base of buyers backing them up. I'm sure their SC is a superb "bolt-on" power upgrade but like Bgetty1, I would ask up front.....can my stock clutch and CV's handle repeated drop clutch starts or at best how many can I hope to get from my stock pieces by adding 200 HP to my gear train?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts