Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Right here's the what I would like some advice/ help with.

My car does not consist of the following two options: Folding mirrors/ lights package.

1. I would like to know if I can retro fit electric folding mirrors,

2. Can I retro fit auto lights (New switches etc..)

3. Can I get the garage to sort out the head to do the following:

- Stay on for 30seconds or so after I lock the car
- Stop the LED from dimming every time I indicate (its so annoying)

I hope someone can give me some advice:) I will add more questions as I come across more!

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Are you sure the mirrors don't have motors?? The door switch has positions for Left adjust Right and down is defrost and straight up retracts them. I had mine for a month before I figured it out.And manually can be retracted easily.Sometimes you can wave to others by folding mirrors in and out and wave with the tail spoiler too (at slow speeds):cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Harrison

Thanks for your reply, Yeh no folding options, however only just electrically adjustable mirrors but no folding! :(

Also please can you let me know if the PPI filter worth getting, what has it improved? sound.. throttle response? also what Miltek exhaust you got? I was thinking of getting one also:) (Non- Resonated)

PS- Got pics of your ride?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Yes DANKO ,I have the Miltek Cat back with the flaps disabled.The filters are 1000 % better quality than stock filters.And my seat of pants dyno tells me that my R 8 has approximately 25 more ponys. I really think we should ask DESPARADO if he thinks the EXTRA noise is worth the Extra power. I would'nt have it the stock way by NO means.Plenty of pics in the gallery under harrison. BUT don't purchase 'till you hear/feel better. Go to janerinsurance/v2 for a LITTLE taste of sound/performance.This is just the trailer as the final version is complicated to finish.I don't want any U-Tube type crappolla!! The sound track has been mixed at Studio Symphonies in Burbank Ca. by my buddies (ENRGETIK STUDIOS) and I.Formatting is the trickiest part.I will have a counter as well to keep track of hits.The plan is to hand out flash drives to freinds and people everywhere to promote Me,the business and the studio!!!!!!!!!!! and the AWESOME R 8. All funded by myself.:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Dan,

ive ordered the PPI filter kit and it should arrive and be installed shortly, i will comment on noticable changes/ improvements asap.

getting the wheels painted gloss black next week, cant wait!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts