Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if their would be any feasible possibilty of having a manual transmission available when the V10 comes out? I have the manual R8 now and really prefer it to R tronic or any semi-auto etc and would hope that it is still available on the V10. I also realize this is becoming a lost cause as the power is increased, but I am not ready to give up this traditional joy. Any other votes out there to keep a manual choice in the future? I hate to miss out on a V10 just because of this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm with you, old school. I put up my deposit on a 10 in August of this year. It's going to be a long wait.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yes, I've heard that as well. Biggest markets for R8 are USA, UK, Germany.

Manual R8 is very popular in UK, and V10 will also be available in manual.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Maybe by the time the V10, with or without turbo's, makes it they will have built a twin clutch DSG that can handle the 500+HP. I would choose that Auto over a manual.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have driven a twin clutch DSG and it was fun and nice--but, just in case Audi monitors this Forum, I still really prefer the "old school" manual-especially as it is with the gated shifter. It is great. I definitelt want one as long as I can, as it looks like they could be history in the not too distant future. I would be hard put to switch from the V8 manual-just to get the V10. I enjoy shifting and I am not going to be racing either one on the track

1 - 10 of 10 Posts