Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 R8 Manual, 1600 k's noticed on the weekend when the car is cold a Metal knocking noise coming from under the enging left had side rear ? once the motor has heated up the noise goes ?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
This is just a WAG, but this is where the oil tank and scavenge pumps are located. Have you checked the oil level per the Owner's Manual?

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Hmmm. Could also be a problem with the motor mounts. They are active: eash has a little hydraulic cylinder in it. Could be a problem with the mount or with the control circuit.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a 2008 R8 Manual, 1600 k's noticed on the weekend when the car is cold a Metal knocking noise coming from under the enging left had side rear ? once the motor has heated up the noise goes ?:confused:
The power steering fluid can boil off in this car pretty quickly. I've had to top it off twice in the first 11,000 miles.

When it gets low, the car moves through stages of various noise-making. The first noise is a mechanical knocking sound when cold that sounds almost as if a suspension component has broken. Soon a grinding sound will join the chorus. Then the car will develop a whirring sound that is engine-speed sensitive. This noise will reduce as the engine warms up but not subside completely.

Top off the power steering fluid, and it all goes away.

And could the moderators get rid of these damned spammers?!?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts