Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the area want to do a get together when the weather breaks? Post or email me directly, maybe all 5 of us could meet and greet, the local Lambo guy wants to attend, and sell you something. Let me know!! :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
That would be great-depending on timing and location-obviously. But, if possible, I would. Not sure on location, but just as one of many possibilities is Mid Ohio or Columbus (where I am :)). I believe the AMLS is in July at Mid Ohio-so that is a great place, but much later in year. We can see what happens.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope we can meet much before mid-July, lets hope for April ....in Toledo...mid way based on replies so far.
Lets hear from the other 3 ...LOL
:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ANYONE else close and like to join in? The more the better, if we get enough (more than 2 ) I will ask Audi North America help/join us. They are about 7 miles from my home and have been VERY helpfull and interested in anything customer related :) Is there a track in the Toledo area we can utilize?

·
Registered
104 Posts
ANYONE else close and like to join in? The more the better, if we get enough (more than 2 ) I will ask Audi North America help/join us. They are about 7 miles from my home and have been VERY helpfull and interested in anything customer related :) Is there a track in the Toledo area we can utilize?
Why not make it a "Dragon" run? Deal's Gap, 11 miles with 317 corners! Many sports car clubs meet in the Knoxville area and run the Dragon as part of their meet. I would be happy to make the arrangements for rooms and logistics.

For SURE we would have a southren BBQ at my house during the meet. April or May would a be great time frame. If there is interest I will work a couple of the other boards for more R8 owners to join us. This location might encourage the NY/NJ and FL guys to come.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Suburban Collection. They are a large dealership that sells everything from Mazda to Bugatti.

What color combo did you get? I'm in Troy so you must be in the Farmington area.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not make it a "Dragon" run? Deal's Gap, 11 miles with 317 corners! Many sports car clubs meet in the Knoxville area and run the Dragon as part of their meet. I would be happy to make the arrangements for rooms and logistics.

For SURE we would have a southren BBQ at my house during the meet. April or May would a be great time frame. If there is interest I will work a couple of the other boards for more R8 owners to join us. This location might encourage the NY/NJ and FL guys to come.
Thats a great suggestion, so far there are only 2 of us, if we can get a few more it would be worth ride if not the BBQ !!!:D

·
Registered
943 Posts
What color combo did you get? I'm in Troy so you must be in the Farmington area.
I got phantom black and all black extended leather. When I trade this in for the next model, Ill probably get a little more customized. When I ordered, they didn't know I could go exlusive :/

The dealer is in Farmington, but I'm in Dearborn.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thats a great suggestion, so far there are only 2 of us, if we can get a few more it would be worth ride if not the BBQ !!!:D
How is Fri/Sat, May 2 & 3 ? We have to start somewhere to get others interested.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats a good start, 5/24 and 5/25 are better for me, either way is it Sat. & Sun. or Fri & Sat.? :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thats a good start, 5/24 and 5/25 are better for me, either way is it Sat. & Sun. or Fri & Sat.? :)
My thinking is that Friday & Sat would be the easiest for most, allowing Sun for return travel. However Sat & Sun is doable as well. While these dates may be in the future, if we are to have a GTG there is planning that must be done NOW.

The problem with 5/24 & 5/25 is those dates are right on top of Memorial Day. Too much traffic putting us and our R8's in harms way. IMHO it is best to stay away from holiday weekends.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As with most dates, I am never 100% sure way ahead---but, I can't do May 2-3 for sure, as I will be on west coast (firm date). But, don't plan around me, as I am traveling almost every week. Also labor day is not good. Having said all that, it will be nice if I can ( and I will try), just probably always a 50-50 thing--so plan for others first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My R8 is in las Vegas until we return to Ohio in June. It would be great to get together somewhere in M/I/O thereafter. I probably could get the Cleveland Ferrari/lambo guys to join in. Someone mentioned The Dragon. Its a great run but a 10hr haul from M/I/O. I'd rather just focus on getting together and comparing notes within a 3/4 hour drive of Cleveland.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts