Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the R8 to Glenwood Springs for the www.urq25.com event and then on to Sun Valley for couple of days.

I'm planning passing through SLC and going out at the Miller Track early Monday, the 11th to look at the Mustang Challenge program. If anyone's around in the SLC area and would like to get together Sunday evening, or Monday AM (I need to on the road for Sun Valley by noon or so) let me know. Cell 3Zero3 Three 8's Nineteen Fourtyone. or mlped at qwest dot net. Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi MichaelP

I live in Utah but this weekend through the beginning of next week I'm out on vacation and doing the Audi R8 experience in Sonoma. But I have talked to some of the Mustang instructors and they are good guys - many of them are semi pro racers. The cars themselves are all manuals, 4/5 point harness, light weight racing seats.

They will let you rent the race tuned Mustangs and just drive them around the track if you want to try them out but you may have to do that on an open track day. I am not really a track warrior type so I don't spend a lot of time at the the track.

Bodhi, a young man who posts here, lives in or around the Utah area and he seems to spend a lot of time at the Miller track. I am probably going on the next Open Track Day (East track) on August 15th in case your there then.

Have fun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a good time at Infineon. I was there in April to do the Audi DE with the R8's, and then again in May and July for the Russell program.

While you're there take a good look at the Russell FJR-50's. If you decide you're interested in a track experience, the cars, and the Russell program are something special.

The cars are roughly 1,000 lbs empty, 1,250 +/- with driver with power currently running @ 260 +/- (maybe more "+" than "-" at the moment, since they haven't been able to "de-tune" the cars as easy as originally thought for school purposes.) The cars will do 0 to 60 in something like @ 2.9 seconds or so; and once you get them up to speed will stick to the track rather well due to lots of aero effect ~ one description provided by the instructors is they are "3G cars" i.e. capable of generating and sustaining 3 gravities of accel/decell and cornering loads under the right conditions.

You'll have a blast with the Audi DE experience.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts