Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Miltek a worthy upgrade from the factory exhaust ?
Is it louder than the standard exhaust with the flaps open ?
My car is in bits so now is the time to swap if ever there was a time.
Rev9 I’ve seen advertised cheaply and it looks very similar to the Miltek, are they much the same as each other ?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Anything is better than the factory exhaust. I use Larini Club Sport on my R8 but I have a non-resonated Milltek on my RS7. Sounds beastly.

Milltek on my V8 :cool:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
The Miltek is not much louder than stock tbh. I know price is often a factor but I have no complaints with my Capristo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’m still looking for an exhaust, in my quest I’ve read lots of reviews and many echo @Trev450 comments, the Miltek isn’t much louder than stock.

It seems to be Capristo, Quicksilver and TopGear are very popular in the UK. Although it is really down to how much you want to spend.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Capristo for the R8, I used Miltek for my RS6, good system but nowhere near the Capristo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
After much debate & having had issues previously with Milltek fitment I went with a TopGear Valvetronic F1 Sound Cat Back (name not good but can't have everything), exhaust sounds acceptably docile with valves closed but with them open it sounds wonderful & screams at the top end.
Go direct to TopGear & speak to Alexander Kilcoyne who was superb when I dealt with him.
Tell him you're on the forum & you should get a discount. Best £ you will spend on the R8 without going to forced induction.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Capristo sounds epic on the V10 as it's a higher frequency sound. But I dont like that system at all on the v8 - it sounds very harsh IMO and reminds me of a v8 diesel pick up truck with straight pipes.

Unless you are planning to keep the car for a long time I'd be looking for a used system, they come up from time to time on the forum and Ebay. I also know someone who bought a used Akrapovic after seeing an ad. on autotrader for an R8 with the system fitted. The vendor was happy with the offer and put the car back to stock for sale. Contact Ricky REP and Doug at MRC to keep an eye open for you. Top gear is decent value but I havent heard one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Capristo sounds epic on the V10 as it's a higher frequency sound. But I dont like that system at all on the v8 - it sounds very harsh IMO and reminds me of a v8 diesel pick up truck with straight pipes.

Unless you are planning to keep the car for a long time I'd be looking for a used system, they come up from time to time on the forum and Ebay. I also know someone who bought a used Akrapovic after seeing an ad. on autotrader for an R8 with the system fitted. The vendor was happy with the offer and put the car back to stock for sale. Contact Ricky REP and Doug at MRC to keep an eye open for you. Top gear is decent value but I havent heard one.
I’ve found a secondhand Quicksilver exhaust for a fraction or the new cost, I’ll give that a go, can always sell it on if i don’t like it.

511 Posts
Is a Miltek a worthy upgrade from the factory exhaust ?
Is it louder than the standard exhaust with the flaps open ?
My car is in bits so now is the time to swap if ever there was a time.
Rev9 I’ve seen advertised cheaply and it looks very similar to the Miltek, are they much the same as each other ?
Scott here from Fabspeed Motorsport, better late then never! Have you checked out Fabspeed's valvetronic option? Hand made in the USA from T304L stainless steel, helical valves directly imported from the UK, lifetime warranty, and can be fabricated in about a week!! Take look at some of the product info and feel free to PM me for forum pricing!

Audi R8 V10 Valvetronic Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System (2009-2015)

• Fits Audi R8 V10 Coupe, Spyder, and GT vehicles (2009-2015) Specify Model Above
  • Fully controllable valved catback exhaust system includes a quad-resonated center x-pipe section which controls exhaust volume while the valves are closed. When the valves are opened, the exhaust exits straight out through the dump pipes for maximum sound and power. Two unique sounds in one exhaust!
  • Also available in a Non-Valved Version at a lower price - Contact us for details!
  • Adds 24 whp and 18 ft/lbs of torque (on R8 V10) when the valves are open by channeling the flow of the exhaust gases directly out the back of the car with minimal restriction.
  • Saves 38lbs from the rear of the vehicle versus the factory rear muffler system.
  • Constructed from 14-16ga T304L stainless steel tubing for maximum power and durability
  • Direct bolt-on installation; no cutting or welding required (Included wireless valve controller may require minimal wire splicing.)
  • All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty

she sounds sooooo good R8 Valvetronic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts