Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up from the dealer yesterday. Really comfortable ride, glorious exhaust note and I was still grinning when I got home. Looking forward to the first decent run over the weekend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, N1JEE. I hope you like yours too as you should have picked it up today.

Overall, very pleased with mine although now I've seen one with the CF engine surround, I'm tempted to get it fitted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
63 miles = 51 by Audi and 12 PDI by dealer.
So what is Audi doing with the R8 for 51 miles? Testing it? Just driving around? What are they doing? And the dealer 12 miles for what? They are only suppose to take it off the truck. That is 0.1 miles :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Audi test every car,I suppose if there's a problem, they fix it and test again.
As for at dealer PDI a20 min test for rattles/squeaks/correct operation of NAV/performance and just to clear its throat (they get flooded up with all the short stop/starts etc)is the norm then recheck fault memories etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Audi test every car,I suppose if there's a problem, they fix it and test again.
As for at dealer PDI a20 min test for rattles/squeaks/correct operation of NAV/performance and just to clear its throat (they get flooded up with all the short stop/starts etc)is the norm then recheck fault memories etc
And Audi only does that with the R8? I got my A4 with 16 miles on it.

When they test it, are they aggressive at all? I mean, is there a point in driving it nice (as an owner) for the first 1000miles (as in the manual)? Or they already burst everything possible during those test?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think all the cars that come out of QUATTRO GMBH get more of a shake down,these are hand biult/finished and in low numbers.RS4 usually comes with30/40mls also. Production line models just come off the line with only a random QC check

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think all the cars that come out of QUATTRO GMBH get more of a shake down,these are hand biult/finished and in low numbers.RS4 usually comes with30/40mls also. Production line models just come off the line with only a random QC check
And I was thinking I am luckier to get less mileage when in fact is ... less car. That is obvious, of course.

·
Registered
33 Posts
83 miles and had not a hair (those rubber thin hairy like things on new tires) on the wheels!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Niiiicce Lindgren. I was tempted by the jet blue,but plumped for silver/carbon in the end. Looks great! Did your car arrive early??:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks, N1JEE. I hope you like yours too as you should have picked it up today.

Overall, very pleased with mine although now I've seen one with the CF engine surround, I'm tempted to get it fitted.
Yep picked it up on Saturday - wow wow wow wow - what a car - just blows the mind - forever I've been a Porsche driver from a 924, 944, 968, Boxster, 911 then a TVR Tuscan owner and the R8 looks, feels and drives soooo much better than what I've had before. Cruising back to London from Harrogate motor bikes and cars were giving the thumbs up and pulling over to let me pass... felt like royalty! Keeping the car below 6000 revs it still pulled away from everything so quickly. Got the Cobra 5 system installed so have to remember never to drive the car without my small flat keyfob! Love seeing my LED driving lights reflect off the back of other cars. Picked my brother up Saturday night from outside a nightclub in front of lambos/ ferraris etc - again you know what the reaction was! Anyway I will stop going on about it! WORTH THE WAIT!!!! hope you guys stilll waiting get yours soon!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep picked it up on Saturday - wow wow wow wow - what a car - just blows the mind - forever I've been a Porsche driver from a 924, 944, 968, Boxster, 911 then a TVR Tuscan owner and the R8 looks, feels and drives soooo much better than what I've had before. Cruising back to London from Harrogate motor bikes and cars were giving the thumbs up and pulling over to let me pass... felt like royalty! Keeping the car below 6000 revs it still pulled away from everything so quickly. Got the Cobra 5 system installed so have to remember never to drive the car without my small flat keyfob! Love seeing my LED driving lights reflect off the back of other cars. Picked my brother up Saturday night from outside a nightclub in front of lambos/ ferraris etc - again you know what the reaction was! Anyway I will stop going on about it! WORTH THE WAIT!!!! hope you guys stilll waiting get yours soon!
Looks :cool: (parked outside JPM) - just walked passed it - another few months to go!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes I agree the colour has never looked true in mags, or spy shots. Looks more like a steely silver in the flesh. I loved it at Rockingham drive day. Still Silver/carbon is V hot as well. Bummer re the late delivery. I'm told end Oct/beginning Nov. Sounds like it could be nearer Dec. Aaaargh all that grit and salt on the roads up here... :mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts