Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mode Carbon R8 GT Wing​

The R8 already oozes menace and purpose, but now we offer a chance to crank up the appearance and functionality even more with our carbon fiber GT Wing. Based off of the original equipment from the R8 GT Package, this fixed carbon-fiber spoiler comes complete with the carbon fiber base-plate and hardware necessary for installation. The goal of this piece is not just appearance, but also functionality. The GT Wing will increase down-force, which translates to an enhanced driving experience that allows the car to perform more aggressively on the track.

The GT Wing is manufactured to the highest standard of quality, using our dry-layup vacuum infusion process. This process allows for an optimized resin composition ratio, yielding a dramatic weight advantage. The result is a pin-straight weave, which generates a more consistent level of structural integrity to maximize the overall rigidity of our carbon fiber. The Wing is finished in a high-gloss UV protected clear-coat to protect it from the elements.

The Track Wing is our second component of our R8 Package, which will soon include the front bumper canards coming very soon. Stay tuned!

Key features:

Fitment for all R8 models
100% pure carbon fiber
Vacuum infusion, dry lay process
Superior stiffness-to-weight ratio
Pin straight weave
UV protected high-gloss clear coat

24650342230_a1393500bb_b.jpg

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Great to hopefully have another choice. Will the fitment be 100% perfect like OEM? I have a GT wing from another well known vendor on here but the fitment is not 100%. If I can get a GT wing from another vendor and have 100% OEM fitment I will make the switch. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to hopefully have another choice. Will the fitment be 100% perfect like OEM? I have a GT wing from another well known vendor on here but the fitment is not 100%. If I can get a GT wing from another vendor and have 100% OEM fitment I will make the switch. Keep us posted.
Thank you for considering us as a solution for your R8. At Mode Carbon we guarantee the fitment of our products when the installations are performed by an appropriately licensed and accredited professional installer at a Body Shop or Performance Shop.

-Sam

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
Is this just mounted to lifting arms?

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
Great! Will be sure to arrange for detailed photos in the near future.

Our GT Wing comes with the mounting plate and the arms are built into the spoiler.
What I'm try to learn and what will be important to others is exactly how it mounts. Is it just connected up to the stock lifting arms or is there additional hardware. We found on the early GT Wing kits that since those arms have movement the wing will have play in it

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
Mounting can still be done using factory lifting arms with just adding some hardware. A member here made up some kits and I bought one. It attached between the bolts that held wing to base and then allowed you to bolt to car frame. Made wing very stable

1 - 20 of 71 Posts