Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am in the process of finalising spec for my R8 - curious. Lots of talk on these forums about siliver, black. blue, white, red even --- not one utter of this paint that is offered in all Audi markets outside the US. I thought it would suit the car very well.

Im in the US, was thinking of asking my dealer to request his Audi rep to have my car in this colour -- presumably being a "standard" Audi colour there shouldn't be any issues. Don't know.

Is this colour really that lame that no-one has ordered it/discussed it? Will the car become an instant lemon? Any thoughts on whether I can get it in the US if I push my dealer?

Most important -- any images of the R8 in this colour at all? If so would love to see them.

Thanks much in advance!

MK

PS My order is currently in for Muegello Blue Pearl Effect with Tuscan Brown leather...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi all,

I am in the process of finalising spec for my R8 - curious. Lots of talk on these forums about siliver, black. blue, white, red even --- not one utter of this paint that is offered in all Audi markets outside the US. I thought it would suit the car very well.

Im in the US, was thinking of asking my dealer to request his Audi rep to have my car in this colour -- presumably being a "standard" Audi colour there shouldn't be any issues. Don't know.

Is this colour really that lame that no-one has ordered it/discussed it? Will the car become an instant lemon? Any thoughts on whether I can get it in the US if I push my dealer?

Most important -- any images of the R8 in this colour at all? If so would love to see them.

Thanks much in advance!

MK

PS My order is currently in for Muegello Blue Pearl Effect with Tuscan Brown leather...

Monterey green was a standard colour on R8 in UK, but it turned out that it was not available for the initial batch of R8.

Not sure on its current status.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks much in advance!

MK

Ti-Mike on this forum has a Monterey Green Pearl Effect R8. It looks great!
I do not know whether Audi USA will let you order this colour as a standard colour.
They might consider it Audi Exclusive, but I do know that you can
order any Audi colour for an additional charge. There is a chap on here who
has a Lambo orange colour. Be firm with your dealer as to what you want
and make sure you have something in writing. My Audi Exclusive interior
was not as ordered and there is a car in Korea that has the same problem.
Good luck!
Cheers

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just Ti-Mike R8 is NOT in Monterey Green Pearl Effect but, in Moose Green from Audi Exclusive. Monterey is lighter and more grass green in shade then Moose Green...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts