Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If the Bluetooth phone is installed is there an Aerial on the roof as in the new TT?

What is the finish on the monoposto on the basic car?

Where are the speakers in a non B&O audio installation?

Has anyone seen on non carbon engine cover - does it look reasonably OK compared to the carbon version when the rear tailgate is closed? i.e. is the carbon one a bit bling?

Does anyone find Tyre pressure monitoring useful on their current car?

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am 99% certain to be going for the Carbon Inlay option, but I did wonder about whether the basic monoposto would be in micrometallic grey. I was going to order the basic interior leather option, how many other UK forum members are going for that as opposed to full leather? I am not sure that the diamond pattern material will detract from the interior - it was definitely on the Silver/CF launch car.. Of course I may be wrong:confused:

·
Registered
840 Posts
I am 99% certain to be going for the Carbon Inlay option, but I did wonder about whether the basic monoposto would be in micrometallic grey.
If you don't go for Carbon Sigma inlays the basic inlays will be micrometallic grey ... it won't look so nice ... imho ... but if you stick with micrmetallic grey, there is likely to be less reflection in the window.
I was going to order the basic interior leather option, how many other UK forum members are going for that as opposed to full leather? I am not sure that the diamond pattern material will detract from the interior - it was definitely on the Silver/CF launch car.. Of course I may be wrong:confused:
I've gone for extended leather ... and having seen the standard dash material today at my dealers in the sample pack ... I'm glad I've picked extended leather ... however, that said, the standard dash material with the diamond pattern seems to look much better than the standard dash material for pretty much any existing Audi ... imho.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm aiming to get the piano black monoposto as per the big fold-out pic in the hardback brochure.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has anyone already seen a black R8 with the carbon fibre and the mustang brown leather seats? If you have, how did it look? Cause my father ordered it like that and I'm am a bit unsure of that choice.

Also if you order it like that, is everything in that colour (including the dash, the handbrake, the inside of the doors,... or are only the seats in that colour?

Please help me!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Guys I have a document describing all the parts covered by piano or CF if you choose that, and shows you waht is covered with leather if you take the full leather option...

not sure how I can get that doc over to you guys.. its in pdf format and about 2MB size... ?? you want to give me your mail adresses or can i post that somewhere?? i might try the media forum...

i went for full aswell, dont want to have those reflections in the windshield.. better to have nice cozy leather and some alcantara on the roof...

·
Registered
564 Posts
here are some snapshots from this document showing the fullleather option and applcations

·
Registered
718 Posts
Go for the tyre pressure monitor ! It's relatively cheap, makes motoring safer and could save you the cost of buying a new tyre.

There is no spare tyre. The "tyre mobility system" is a mini 12 volt electric pump and a can of spray foam to fill the tyre and plug the puncture.

Trouble is, with the foam, you are limited to driving at 50 mph for 50 miles or so. The tyre cannot be repaired, since the foam cannot be removed. Tyres will probably be in the £250 + region.

If you get a slow puncture, the tyre pressure unit will inform you, allowing you to top up with the pump until you can get to a garage for a repair.

Its a cheap and sensible option, but why do we have to pay for it ?? It is standard in mainland Europe models !

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can kreso (or any one else) confirm that if you take the Mustang brown seat, that ONLY the seat are in the colour? Because if you take luxorbeige or light grey on the Audi.de konfigurator the fabric on the doors and the fabric changes but with the mustang brown they don't. Can someone please help because otherwise my dad would like to change his order.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Truth indeed. If you order Mustang Brown only the seats are in that color. With Luxor Beige or Light Grey you get seats, some parts od doors and carpets in color as well.
Hope this will help...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you know why that is? Because it is pretty ugly like that. It would be way nicer if the doors and the floor would be the same colour (like grey or beige). I think (and certainly hope) my dad is going to change to grey now.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why? They had a problem with carpets in that color... So, decision was Mustang Brown for seats only.
That's too bad. It could have been really nice imo. Have you seen both grey and beige in real life? Which looked the best to you because I like em both? Would you choose the black or the grey/beige roof fabric?

Thanks for the anwers and sorry for the many questions!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts