Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Interesting but are they going to still look like every other 911 built in the last 30 years? Love the engines, the drive, but there is no visual excitement for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The '09 911S will be clearly faster now with 385 HP, and much more efficient and smoother with the 7 speed DSG versus the R8 for significantly less money. And the fact that every new car Audi seems to be introducing has an R8-look front end and those white dot LED lights takes away from the R8 also.

Audi could have had my money for the R8 6 months ago if I had gotten the delivery promised. As of now, the only confirmation from the dealer is my car will definitely be an '09...perhaps an '09 Carrera 2S!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I really like 911's superb drive etc but I have never had one and I would put it like this.

I found an absolutely amazing partner - witty, charming good looking and independent. But she had 300 relationships before me. Now I know it shouldn't make any difference....... ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
The thing with Porker looks is you either like them or you dont. As for a driving experience you either love it or you cant drive, lol. It is a stunning car in all guises however I still prefer the R8

·
Registered
943 Posts
When you start paying 6 figures for a car, it's not so much about what else you can get for the money.

Astons' performance isn't nearly as good as other cars in the price range, but then again, the Aston is an absolutely beautiful car. A 911 is probably just as fast and cheaper, but I'l take an Aston over any 911 excluding the GT2.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i had a 997s for 3 years until my R8 arrived at xmas. I love my R8 but Porsche invited me to one of their driving experience days yesterday where i got to drive the 911 range including a GT2 on semi slicks on a flooded airfield. I really enjoyed the day and driving back from the airfield to the hotel for lunch in a standard 997 reminded just how good a car it is. Not as visually stunning as an R8 but everything else is so sorted - perfect brakes, steering feel, short quick gearchange, perfect power delivery etc. If the 998 or 997 facelifts are good I just might be going back !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts