Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Which one speaks to YOU? I chose the R8 over other exotics for its multiple personalities-creature comforts and supercar performance. I also prefer the look of the R8 over the Lambo. I’m weird that way.:LOL:It’s very quick (faster than a 458) but not eye ball popping quick and that’s okay by me. Only you know what you want. Can’t go wrong with any one of these! To each his own. I love the looks of F-cars though. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The Ferrari's are very reliable and the experience is quite different. The smart man buys the R8 but the passionate man buys the Ferrari. lol A quote from my buddy at Ferrari Atlanta
That’s a great quote and sums up my dilemma. R8 is lower cost, easier to live with, more modem and more capable. But after 3 months in my garage I wonder if it will be just like my current r8 - I’m glad to have it but it’s not something I look forward to when I wake up. The 458 on the other hand - I wonder if I would be getting up early on Saturday and be really excited to go for a drive?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've had two friends have transmission failures in the 458. $38,000 bill fun times. Definitely a fun car to drive. Gen 2 will smoke it in a straight line but the theater of the 458 makes it feel quick.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts