Audi R8 Forums banner

Mpg ?

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  randombloke 
#1 ·
What are other R8 owners getting MPG ?
3,000 Miles, manual and 14.8 MPG average thats mine.
Should this improve ?

Scott

#2 ·
can only talk in l/km... too late to calc in mpg

but in the break in phase over 20l per 100km was usual...
but i think i could get the car to around 12l per 100km.. BUT...
BUT it would hate you for that, and start some to annoy you with issues, which would force you to bring your car in, to your dealer ... etc.... or it maybe your baby R8 would decide to break down etc...

my point is.. with this car... dont car about mpg or l/km... dont even think about giving it 98octane... just give it the best...

or wouldnt you send your daughters to the BEST school you know about?? ;)

good nite
c

#10 ·
I just reached about 600 km in total, so still holding mostly below the raccomended 6000 rpm.

The trip computer gives an average of about 14-15 l/100 km, it equates to about 6.6 - 7.1 km/l or about 16.2 mpg.

Even factoring in the increased consumption during break-in: still not exciting.

The biggest disappointment is really the limited range: about 350 km before looking for a fill-up.

Definitely the 90 liter tank shall come as standard...

#12 ·
Normal super unleaded is 97/98 octane.

Shell vPower is 99 octane and I think Tesco do 100 octane and BP have a 102 octane but not available everywhere.

#14 ·
Tesco do not offer 100 RON !!!!

Standard UK unleaded is 95, super unleaded is 97/98.

Eastern Europe also has a lower 91 RON available, and in the US, they also sell the "mule dung" grade of 87.

Minimum RON for R8 is 95, as per manual.

You can buy 100 RON at certain UK race tracks, but it is very expensive.

Mine runs fine with 95. Did not notice any difference when I tried 97/98.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.