Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looks like another good review, but not so good for R tronic

Link http://cars.uk.msn.com/Reviews/article.aspx?cp-documentid=2661109
Nice, but it annoys me that the M6 is mentioned as a rival or alternative. It is not the first time a reviewer puts the M6 in his rival/alternative list.

It is just not comparable, the M6 is a large lumpy performance saloon, not a sportscar.

So, in my opinion it isn't an alternative or rival. It is a complete different class. Sometimes I think they search for a car with the same pricetag and corresponding performance figures to make it a rival or an alternative.

Don't you agree?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nope! I think they're both cars you could have on a shortlist...

I say this as someone moving from an M6 to an R8 :D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice, but it annoys me that the M6 is mentioned as a rival or alternative. It is not the first time a reviewer puts the M6 in his rival/alternative list.

It is just not comparable, the M6 is a large lumpy performance saloon, not a sportscar.

So, in my opinion it isn't an alternative or rival. It is a complete different class. Sometimes I think they search for a car with the same pricetag and corresponding performance figures to make it a rival or an alternative.

Don't you agree?
I certainly do agree ... it is once more a comparison made largely on 0-62mph times being similar ... in the M6 v R8 case the same ... and similar price tag ... in the M6 v R8 case an extra £5k for the M6.

If I was asked to consider them rivals ... I'd laugh the suggestion off completely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts