Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have photos of Mugello Blue? Also the dealer specifier kit Jet Blue seems much darker than the photos of the car at the Paris show and the Le Mans concept car did anyone else have that impression also?

My dealer specifier kit lacks the Oxygen Silver sideblade - what is this like? Is it a dull silver to imitate alumnium? How would it compare to the standard Ice Silver sideblade on a Jet Blue car. Worth the money?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Was looking at Mugello Blue myself, decided against when I saw an RS4 cab at Hitchin Audi. The colour appeared to be very bright and I felt it was a bit of a "girly" colour in the end. Chose Daytona Grey / carbon blades in the end.

I have tried for days to get some pictures of a Mugello blue R8 - no luck to date, best thing I could find was on the German Audi configurator.

My dealer had a very incomplete presenter pack with no samples of the side blades. Sadly the lack of information before confirming our specs has left a lot to be desired.

Good luck with choices.....................

·
Registered
647 Posts
Jet Blue looks very nice with both Ice Silver and Oxygen Silver side blades IMO. Oxygen Silver is more "fleshy", if you know what I mean...;)

I also like Mugello Blue but, only with Night Blue side blades. All other options(Carbon Sigma, Silver Carbon and specially Oxygen silver) will look wrong on Mugello Blue R8 IMHO. Same thing about Monterrey Green, it looks good only with Dark Green side blades. I saw both Mugello Blue and Monterrey Green on pics(sorry guys, printed versions only!) and I liked them both.

Also do not forget one thing-difference in material... Painted side blades are aluminium, same material as car but, Carbon Sigma(or Silver Carbon) is actually real CF. How well will it age? Only time will tell...

IMHO if you want contrast choose Oxygen Silver side blades, they would fit nicelly on Jet Blue, Daytona Grey and specially Phantom Black R8s.
If your choice is Ice Silver, Mugello Blue, Monterrey Green or Brilliant Red stick with standard side blades.
Daytona Grey? Looks very good with all side blades IMO, same thing with Phantom Black. But, IMHO Daytona Grey looks very best with Quartz Grey side blades as Phantom Black with Lava Grey side blades. Why? THESE WERE THE FIRST CHOICES by Walter da Silva...

I also saw Venetian Violett(Audi Exclusive paint) R8 with Phantom Black side blades on my friends pictures. In short-amazing!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Kreso,

I think you could have been on a good earner if you came to the UK with your laptop & photos + friend from Audi.

We would have all paid you a cconsultancy to help choose and finalise our specs......................:)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Here is A3 Sportsback in Venetian Violett perleffekt...
R8 in that color with Phantom Black side blades look amazing IMHO.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Kreso,

I think you could have been on a good earner if you came to the UK with your laptop & photos + friend from Audi.

We would have all paid you a cconsultancy to help choose and finalise our specs......................:)
You're not wrong L3MAN ... lol ... I suspect Kreso could have paid off a large amount of his R8 by the time he'd finished ... his consultations ... lol

·
Registered
564 Posts
its a very cool color for a sportscar, must say...

hey what is IMHO meaning anyway?

any if we all get our R8... we could meet at nurburg or so... have a think... :O)

·
Registered
564 Posts
ah thanks - well we are all very cautious with our statements in this very delicate matter ;-)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can you post the pictures of your friend's Venetian Violet R8 you refer to in this post, or give us a link to them? Thanks!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Can you post the pictures of your friend's Venetian Violet R8 you refer to in this post, or give us a link to them? Thanks!
I will post pics when he gets his R8 in late April 2008... He order the car with Ceramic Brakes-this is the reason for delay...

·
Registered
647 Posts
BTW, pics that he show to me were just very good PS work pics by quattro GmbH(Venetian Violett renderings)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts