Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to order my new R8 this week. what are the mus have specification/extras?

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's very much personal taste but essentials would include one of the parking aid options, Mag ride, B&O, CD changer, and Sat Nav. After that you're into trim which seems to vary from car to car.
I found a good used car with all the above plus extended leather, carbon fibre blades and door trims, and the alcantara roof lining which wasn't on my 'must have' list but looks great. I also have the GSM phone prep with the new iphone adapter.

Hopefully there will be another meeting arranged for May, so come down and check out everyone's cars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
New for 2009 model year --dash display changes from red to white (clock odometer +DIS)
New design for voice control button on MFSW if phone prep fitted
rear partitian window will be heated
from week 27 30th June on
Plus changes to interior trim options--light package --titanium wheel option
and LED headlights--£2800!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Any more details on the 2009 options?

I am to receive my 2009 in August (US Model) and was told that the only option change was the "polished" wheels which must be the titanium. They had no pictures but I ordered them anyway. I have asked but no one seems to have any pictures of them.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Polished wheels are POLISHED(code is PQ7). Titanium wheels are TITANIUM(code is PQK). So, it is NOT the same option. Both Polished and Titanium wheels option features 305/30-19 rear tires.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Kreso, thank you. The polished wheels look pretty bright in these photos; perhaps it is the lights. Has anyone seen them in person? Are they too flashy?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just checked and POLISHED wheels cost the same as Titanium wheels does this make sense?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mfsc where are you located? If anyone has heard differently please correct me but I have been told that only the regular 19" 5 spoke and the POLISHED 19" 5 spoke (new for 2009) are available in the USA - NO TITANIUM OPTION.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's very much personal taste but essentials would include one of the parking aid options, Mag ride, B&O, CD changer, and Sat Nav. After that you're into trim which seems to vary from car to car. .
Hello, just joined this forum today after speccing my car which should arrive 1 September with a bit of luck!

Just a quick question - the "leather gear knob" - which bit is leather, all of it or just a "slice"? Worth getting?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts