Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to decide between black seats or mustang brown to go with a daytona grey paint - does anyone have any pics they can share of the interior with mustang seats?

I've had black cars with similar colour interiors before (m3 with cinnamon, x5 with chestnut) but can't really tell from the dealer sample how it'd look in situ.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did think about going with red inserts initially, but I quite like what I've seen of the mustang so far (seems to have more orange in it than the dealer sample suggested) - but would like to see some shots showing more of it contrasting against the interior.

·
Registered
439 Posts
A local dealer had a 1-day exhibit of a Daytona grey with Mustang brown seats. The brown is very close to the color of a baseball glove or a basketball. Many of the internet pictures I've seen of the Mustang brown leather look more biased to the red (at least on my monitors) than it really is.

One thing, though . . . if you just order Mustang brown without ordering the extended leather package, only the seats are brown. Everything else in the interior is black or dark grey. It almost made the car look as if the seats had been dropped in later from another car -- not well integrated into the interior. The extended leather package, which adds panels to the doors and center console that match the seats, pulls the interior together much better.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks hmp10, that has been my remaining concern with it - I'm happy enough with the colour based on what I've seen pics wise, but the lack of matching trim would make it look a bit lost.

Even with the extended leather it appears that it is only the seats that are brown according to the US R8 brochure.:

Enhanced Leather package:
1. Seats
2. Black door handle on passenger side,
unless Tuscan Brown specified
3. Black door trim insert, unless Tuscan
Brown specified
4. Black dashboard
5. & 6. Black top shoulder and side panel trim
7. Black storage compartment in door
8. Black monoposto
9. Black cowl
10. Black cover for storage compartment
11. Black knee bolster
12. Black function pad

·
Registered
439 Posts
Any idea how Tuscan Brown looks? I wonder why they would use a different trim color from the seats.

I ordered a Daytona grey with Luxor beige and extended package. Since my local dealer is not selling the R8 and I ordered from a dealer 5 states away, I relied on internet pictures. With the beige, it looked as if the extended package panels matched the seats. But, now that I think of it, some of the dash surfaces become dark grey with the extended beige option. So my car, too, will have a tri-color scheme.

I can only hope Audi knows what they are doing in putting four colors in such a small cabin -- beige, black, dark grey, and brushed aluminum.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I've seen tuscan brown/mustang brown look the same - I wonder if they got into some legal issues using the word "mustang" in the us so changed it to tuscan?

Now that it looks like I'm going to forget going down the brown route, I think I'll be going black alcantara.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Custom - Audi Exclusive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts