Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is a blast. Gone to a lot of local events but last night the car surprised me a lot. My 2017 alpha 10 R8 with stock ecu and 100 octane.
-roll race event.... 1/4 mile starting from a 40 roll.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
awesome looking beast:)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yeah just a tune and a couple of snails with some extra plumbing

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
4.4 - 131 MPH
7.4 - 161 MPH

10 MPH per second at those speeds...hehe that's moving nice job! :cool:(y)

·
Registered
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
327 Posts
This car is a blast. Gone to a lot of local events but last night the car surprised me a lot. My 2017 alpha 10 R8 with stock ecu and 100 octane.
-roll race event.... 1/4 mile starting from a 40 roll.
I’m planning on starting with alpha 9 and then upgrading to 10 with MoTec and flex fuel.

question: since u have the 10, how come ur not running flex fuel? (I’m learning about all this speaking to the performance shops so wanted to see why you are going with higher octane vs. Flex fuel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m planning on starting with alpha 9 and then upgrading to 10 with MoTec and flex fuel.

question: since u have the 10, how come ur not running flex fuel? (I’m learning about all this speaking to the performance shops so wanted to see why you are going with higher octane vs. Flex fuel.
As I started this project a year ago, the platform has been growing at a rapid pace. I thought I’d like to see how far we can get with an OEM ecu first and once those limits are established, then go over to e85/Motec.
In hindsight maybe is go straight to it now but this has been one fun learning experience and having AMS behind me has been awesome.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
As I started this project a year ago, the platform has been growing at a rapid pace. I thought I’d like to see how far we can get with an OEM ecu first and once those limits are established, then go over to e85/Motec.
In hindsight maybe is go straight to it now but this has been one fun learning experience and having AMS behind me has been awesome.
Who did your install and how much did it cost to do the whole thing? How much slower is your 60-130 off the 100 octane on pump 93?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who did your install and how much did it cost to do the whole thing? How much slower is your 60-130 off the 100 octane on pump 93?
I did the install directly at AMS. Shipped the car to them. On the pump gas I think it goes 4.9

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I did the install directly at AMS. Shipped the car to them. On the pump gas I think it goes 4.9
Nice. Still can eek out a stock 720S they're around low 5s. Still blows my mind how fast those cars are. How much and how was the down time? PM me if you don't want to post it public. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice. Still can eek out a stock 720S they're around low 5s. Still blows my mind how fast those cars are. How much and how was the down time? PM me if you don't want to post it public. Thanks!
On pump gas setting I still Pull a stock 720 by a good amount. On race gas versus a modded on is a really close race. Depending on the starting speed. All in about 46/47k

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
On pump gas setting I still Pull a stock 720 by a good amount. On race gas versus a modded on is a really close race. Depending on the starting speed. All in about 46/47k
Thanks for the feedback. That quoted price parts & labor?

·
Registered
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
327 Posts
That’s really good for an alpha 10. They’re all about the same price installed unless u go to UGR or Sheepy’s and pay 20-30k more for a stage 2.

I was about to pull the trigger with UGR until I talked w AMS. Thank God I did. Bc for a stage 2 the parts each shop uses are identical. I don’t think UGR installs Motec’s on their stage 2. I’m not sure. But yea I found an AMS master dealer/installer in New Jersey which is like an hour from my house and he’s built a lot of TT Huracan’s, GTR’s and r8’s and has a great following. He’s prob the best and most well known in the tri-state so I’m stoked that I found him!! I spoke w ppl at AMS and they all know him.
He highly recommended me do an Alpha 9 first which will put me at (800 whp). Then eventually go to next step which is flex fuel, Motec’s, injectors, abs, and clutch. So the next stage is like another $30k and I will be at 1100-1200 whp.

that’s freaking sick! So for $75 grand I would have over 1000 hp to the wheels! That’s like double the HP. That’s why I’m doing the Ohlins coil overs to prep for the TT’s. To keep my car planted on the ground and give me the best poss handling. I’m also adding the CF sway bar (which I already have) but need to go to my second perf shop that does wheel alignments. And upgrade rear sway bar with an MTM one. Want that chassis as tight as possible if ima add all that power. Or I’m gonna have a carbon fiber rear sway bar made custom.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s really good for an alpha 10. They’re all about the same price installed unless u go to UGR or Sheepy’s and pay 20-30k more for a stage 2.

I was about to pull the trigger with UGR until I talked w AMS. Thank God I did. Bc for a stage 2 the parts each shop uses are identical. I don’t think UGR installs Motec’s on their stage 2. I’m not sure. But yea I found an AMS master dealer/installer in New Jersey which is like an hour from my house and he’s built a lot of TT Huracan’s, GTR’s and r8’s and has a great following. He’s prob the best and most well known in the tri-state so I’m stoked that I found him!! I spoke w ppl at AMS and they all know him.
He highly recommended me do an Alpha 9 first which will put me at (800 whp). Then eventually go to next step which is flex fuel, Motec’s, injectors, abs, and clutch. So the next stage is like another $30k and I will be at 1100-1200 whp.

that’s freaking sick! So for $75 grand I would have over 1000 hp to the wheels! That’s like double the HP. That’s why I’m doing the Ohlins coil overs to prep for the TT’s. To keep my car planted on the ground and give me the best poss handling. I’m also adding the CF sway bar (which I already have) but need to go to my second perf shop that does wheel alignments. And upgrade rear sway bar with an MTM one. Want that chassis as tight as possible if ima add all that power. Or I’m gonna have a carbon fiber rear sway bar made custom.
Congrats to you man. I’ll tell you that you’ll fall in love with the car al over again once you get it back. I ended up doing some trans work recently and couldn’t be happier

·
Registered
327 Posts
What did u do? Dodson clutch?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts