Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price is 15.000 Swissfrancs, around the same in USD. Availability was always very mysterious (according rumours it’s because of an exclusivity claim from Lamborghini and Porsche…). But this option should be available officially from Q3 on.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Price is 15.000 Swissfrancs, around the same in USD. Availability was always very mysterious (according rumours it’s because of an exclusivity claim from Lamborghini and Porsche…). But this option should be available officially from Q3 on.
Congrats! Awsome car!

BTW, my wait is also over pretty soon...

Regarding Ceramic Brakes(code PC5) it is in dealers ordering system in EU from mid March 2008. Price is 7411,76Euro without local VAT.

Indeed, they are more powerfull then standard brakes...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Congrats! Awsome car!

BTW, my wait is also over pretty soon...

Regarding Ceramic Brakes(code PC5) it is in dealers ordering system in EU from mid March 2008. Price is 7411,76Euro without local VAT.

Indeed, they are more powerfull then standard brakes...
Kreso, I take your long awaited pride and joy will be a shade of red, judging from your identity photo?

I thought you were a Daytona Grey man!

What blades are you going for ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats! Your car looks stunning in the same color that I'll have it in!

I hope that Audi doesn't use Porsche's technology when it come to the ceramic pads/rotors. PAG's GT3 Gen I units had major problems after having the car heavily tracked. Replacement rotors in Canada hover around $14K.:eek:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Congrats! Your car looks stunning in the same color that I'll have it in!

I hope that Audi doesn't use Porsche's technology when it come to the ceramic pads/rotors. PAG's GT3 Gen I units had major problems after having the car heavily tracked. Replacement rotors in Canada hover around $14K.:eek:
Audi use the same technology rotors from SGL Carbon and calipers from Brembo. BUT, you are wrong about Gen II PCCBs. They are great according to many owners experience on rennlist and rennteam... My best friend have them on his 997 Turbo and they are amazing.

I also drove R8 with optional Ceramics and they are IMHO better then very good standard brakes.

Just they are not available in USA or Canada...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Kreso, I take your long awaited pride and joy will be a shade of red, judging from your identity photo?

I thought you were a Daytona Grey man!

What blades are you going for ?
My pride and joy will be Daytona Grey/Carbon Sigma, Bucket seats and Ceramics!:D

Regarding Brilliant Red/Carbon Sigma with standard brakes in my avatar... You will find out more very soon indee...:cool:

·
Registered
617 Posts
My pride and joy will be Daytona Grey/Carbon Sigma, Bucket seats and Ceramics!:D

Regarding Brilliant Red/Carbon Sigma with standard brakes in my avatar... You will find out more very soon indee...:cool:
Slightly puzzled then :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2 car R8 family then ????

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have heard that ceramic brakes can be difficult to modulate at slow speeds and end up feeling grabby. This is mainly from Porsche owners since I have not found an R8 owner with ceramic brakes to ask until finding this listing here. Do you find this to be a characteristic of the R8 ceramic brakes as well? Is it just a matter of getting used to them for city driving?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, modulation at slow speeds is an issue. Of course you will get use to it, but especially when switching between the R8 and a other car it could happen that at the first stop you will need a little “reminder” ;-) But over all, I just can recommend them!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Doppio66, Love the car but I also love the scene. Where were these photos taken? Is this a private house or a restaurant? My family is from Vorarlberg, Austria and I went to school in St. Gallen so I fly into Zurich a couple of times each year. Unfortunately I will have to leave my R8 in the US and rent a diesel van for the family!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was wondering on that color option for my own car when it comes but was thinking it might be too black...but that is stunning!!!!!! Congrats. Hope your enjoying it to the full!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts