Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting around to putting pictures up here as well as talk about my experience. First off, a great thanks to r8talk member "sparkplug" who turned me over to the meticulous artists at Premiere. I am a bit of an anal prick when it comes to this and have seen some horrid yellowing and bubbling clearbras on cars. I was very careful in choosing this for my other car before the R8 came in and they have far exceeded my expectations on that car. The con at the time was that I did not get a full treatment, so I can see the edge of the bra on my hood. After several months of driving, I noticed more rock chips where the shield did not cover. I ended up having to take the shield off and repaint the entire hood (yes, I am anal). It basically costed me more for not doing the entire hood surface from the starting point.

When the R8 came in, it was a no brainer. I made an appointment with Sammy at Premiere and it took me 3 weeks to get into their books. I drove the car minimally for that time being and picked up a few nicks here and there. When I brought my R8 in, there was a slew of exotics inside that placed my humble R8 in the middle of a pack of beasts. A very softspoken gentleman by the name of Wilson, whom I have not had the pleasure of meeting on my first trip, spent a considerable amount of time detailing what my options were. I ended up going with the works + tint on all of my windows (even my windshield). I know some may find me crazy, but I have Lupus and cannot be exposed to UVB rays. I never had tint done before and did not know that this was one of the benefits is that it cuts off all UVs. I went with 40% everywhere and 70% on the windshield (I do have a doctor's letter).

I took some pictures, but don't have many as they did not allow anyone other than employees in their work bay. For those who are in the East Bay, I highly recommend this company for clearshield and tint. I was told that they've worked on over a dozen R8s, so that was quite reassuring. No affiliation, only praising those who care about their customers and the results show. Ask for Sammy - www.premiermobilegroup.com

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Meticulous, very customer oritented and friendly, I stuck around waiting for my rental car and realized they have WiFi (plus if you have to wait around all day). You know this business is serious when you get there. The cleanest auto shop I've ever been to with some serious iron they work on.
Cons: I shopped around (say 5 or 6) and they are about 25% higher. I do not regret it, however, as I saw the others and there were too many problems with the other businesses.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Beautifully done!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had my R8 done at Premier as well. They are thorough, meticulous, careful.

Pros:
- Seamless, great job. The detail guys at the AutoSpa said that it was the best application job they'd ever seen
- Ready exactly when they promised
- Clean facility, almost looked like they could be in bunny suits
- Very friendly, took pictures of the whole process
- Extra heating of the edges to seal it, since they knew that I'd have to drive back in the rain
- Included 30-day followup treatment (which I haven't had yet)

Cons:
- Very expensive
- Can't cover the grill of the car
- They discount for cash! If I'd known this, I'd have brought it, but hard to cough up thousands of dollars in cash on the spot.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I might have seen your car there. You have PB correct? My car was there because wife had a mishap in a parking lot wall when she came too close to it on a turn. Good thing was, all doors on my car was protected by Premier. They took the bra off and there was no damage whatsoever. This is probably one of the best inventions out there to protect your paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts