Audi R8 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Matts Performance
R8+ 2016, S8+ 2015
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
Sure one monoblock for subs JL's in place where you can see vents below speakers.
Left side Helix monoblock, right side Helix 6ch DSP.

If someone think that B&O sounds good in gen.2 then I can only tell that in my opinion B&O it's 4/10 but that system 8/10.
It's worth that money without any excuses.

It's weight but Sub are fast removable in 20 sec to save weight for drag racing etc.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just curious...how do you make the molds for the carbon? What do you make the molds from? Do you take a stock part, then use prepreg to go over the outside of the part, then remove that clean up the inside and then lay the prepreg on the inside of that so that the outside dimensions stay the same? Have always been fascinated with carbon production just never had the balls to try it...seems like there’s way more to it than just laying some prepreg in a mold and vacuum bagging and autoclaving it, at least if you want strength as well as looks. I know strength varies depending on which way you run the weave and whether or not you layup the prepreg in opposing directions and how many layers, etc... its seems “simply” complicated haha...

Do you use a 3D scanner to get the shape of the car?

·
Matts Performance
R8+ 2016, S8+ 2015
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #135 (Edited)
Photos you can find on our:

facebook:
MATTS
instagram: Login • Instagram matts_performance

... and here on my thread r8talk :)

It's possible to order all parts from list that you can find on first page of my thread.

1. Parts that it's laminated / plated OEM element we will provide but need your core resend to us after our delivery.
2. Parts that made 100% from carbon not require your OEM core replace but we can get it and lower product price.
3. Delivery time and shipping need to be checked before transaction- we can send parts worldwide.
4. It's possible BTC / Paypal / Skrill / Bank Transfer also we can make ebay auction from company account with more than 100 and 100% possitive rates.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Man that's a lot of carbon. To each his own, I guess... but I like subtle piece here or there... not the Fast and Furious version of it. Either way, looks like a high quality job. Good luck!

·
Matts Performance
R8+ 2016, S8+ 2015
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #138 (Edited)
It takes so long but it is finally ready.
That mounts are ones of the most difficult to organize element that we ever made.
It's exactly 4th set but now it fit perfectly.

All tested 2 hours ago with 320 km/h and can confirm it's ok without problems.
Car feels much better on road especially on high-speed turns. In next week we organize measurements what down force is exactly.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts