Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Audi R8 V10, ESS Supercharged
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My steering wheel came in from AskCarbon today, exactly 3 months from when I ordered it. It was most definitely worth the wait!

2020 R8 wheel and airbag
Retrofit wiring to install on my 2014 R8
Carbon top and bottom
Carbon Lamborghini Urus paddles
Black perforated and smooth leather on the sides and airbag
Red stitching and center line
All black trim

I can't wait to install it!!

Paul.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Will this work with a 2010 manual obviously without the paddles and what can the buttons on the new wheel be used for without a major rewire?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will this work with a 2010 manual obviously without the paddles and what can the buttons on the new wheel be used for without a major rewire?
I provided AskCarbon with detailed pics of the existing wiring, and they are telling me it is plug 'n' play as they are wiring the wheel with matching connectors. We shall see. I may install it as soon as this weekend. It would be cheaper without the Lambo paddles for sure.

Alex, no adapters. Straight plug-in.

Kazkorp, $2250 as I spec'd it. Mine is pretty heavily optioned, and no core. Their customer service and communication was excellent, start to finish. If this all works, I will be very pleased with the overall experience. They can do nearly anything you want, any way you want. The options are endless.

Paul.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm absolutely interested in this as well. Please post once installed if in fact the buttons all work and everything functions as designed. Thanks for the info so far.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a module to make these wheels work and not get airbag light error and also make mode/start function

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For you guys wanting to know how much, try reading. 😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts