Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Java Green 4.2

Hi to everyone. I've just joined the forum as I've bought this car and hope to pick it up tomorrow. I've owned a TT and an A4 cab in the past but switched to Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini in recent years. This car blew me away when I saw it. I'm told that it's the only one in Europe (possibly the world?) in this colour? I nearly bought a Gallardo spider in verde ithica 2 years ago but bottled it at the last minute and went for white instead. No such backing out on this one though. Be interesting to hear everyone's views good or bad.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I really like it - shows off the lines and contrasts with the black trim/cf blades and it's something different. hope you like the car!

·
Registered
313 Posts
very very nice colour.....much nicer then this porsche Gt3RS green......great taste......

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Really,really nice !! The color could be called Jet Green!!:cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
ians, i thought i was going to hate that - but i don't! i really like it, would like to see that in the flesh, i'm sure in the sun, when ya'v polished the shiet out of it, will look incredible!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Color of modern money.I prefer this one over white. A green eyed girl would sure fit !:D

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Bold color choice, but purely sexy. I like!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the car but it's not for sale any more as it was delivered to me this afternoon :D Just spent the last 90 minutes having a very enjoyable drive around in it. It's a very accomplished car with superb handling and a wave of torque that just builds and builds.

I'm impressed with the speed, more than I thought I'd be. It's not as raw or savagely fast as my Scuderia but very impressive none the less. The V10 must be a great car I'm sure. I can certainly feel the shared DNA with the Gallardo (I've had an 06 coupe and an 07 spider).

Really glad I bought it and am looking forward to taking longer trips in it.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I am quite taken with your color (colour) and would very much like to know how it is identified on your window sticker or vehicle invoice, if you have that information (color name, color letter code or both).

I am thinking my number may be coming up in the next few months and I am debating about a special order color. I'm very partial to green cars, but it is very difficult to decide about a color until you actually see it on the car. I think yours looks smashing!

Don't worry, I'm at least 6000 miles away (NW coast of US), so your exclusivity wouldn't be in jeopardy! ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
willyjp,

I was originally told the colour was jade green (hence the thread title) but it's actually called metallic Java green. We don't get the window stickers here in the UK and my invoice only shows Java green as the colour. I'll look around the car later to see if I can find a code for you. It really does look stunning in the sunshine and the carbon side blades realy work well against it. Unfortunately it's raining today so not great for taking more pics.

It certainly gets lots of attention and I had several thumbs up from other Audi drivers last night and a lot of pointing and waving.

Edit: Just checked over the entire car and there is no paint code sticker so I'm going to ask Audi for it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pure sweetness...very hot ride. *I would recommend the carbon fiber mirrors---would look BALLER!

Congrats! *When your 95 years old, setting in the nursing home, you will NEVER forget the time when you owned the GREEN DRAGON!!! The only one of it's kind! Nicely played my friend....

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
willyjp,

I was originally told the colour was jade green (hence the thread title) but it's actually called metallic Java green. We don't get the window stickers here in the UK and my invoice only shows Java green as the colour. I'll look around the car later to see if I can find a code for you. It really does look stunning in the sunshine and the carbon side blades realy work well against it. Unfortunately it's raining today so not great for taking more pics.

It certainly gets lots of attention and I had several thumbs up from other Audi drivers last night and a lot of pointing and waving.

Edit: Just checked over the entire car and there is no paint code sticker so I'm going to ask Audi for it.
Look under the front of the passenger floor mat. There is a large door for the fuse panel. There should be a label on the inside of the door with all of the codes for the options on your car.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Killa'!!:eek::eek::)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts