Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wow. Congrats. That's exactly the exterior color combination I have on order.
Only the US versions come with the orange reflectors in the front, right?

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Nice! A question about your "blades": are they "body color" or are they the carbon sigma? If body color, are they exactly the same color as the rest of the car? In that one picture it looks like there is a small, but only a small, difference in shade or reflectivity. Maybe just the way the light is hitting it on the curve--or maybe they're the carbon? I've seen so few of these cars I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice! A question about your "blades": are they "body color" or are they the carbon sigma? If body color, are they exactly the same color as the rest of the car? In that one picture it looks like there is a small, but only a small, difference in shade or reflectivity. Maybe just the way the light is hitting it on the curve--or maybe they're the carbon? I've seen so few of these cars I'm not sure what I'm looking at.
The blades in the pictures look like Lava Gray to me... and if it is body color, it would be exactly the same as the rest of the car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i like the sideblade very nice, shame no carbon on the enginebay... i know it makes the car when you have it.

ps ....get rid of the bmw and buy an S8

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a lava gray side blade. You should get a side blade that is a different color than the body of the car to break up the lines a little. I think it looks better that way. I would never go with a side blade that is the body color of the car.

The M5 is a great car. Its got a lot of the dinan upgrades in it. I do like the S8, maybe someday I'll get that. For now its a Range Rover Supercharged, the M5 and the R8. Consider me lucky.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The cars in your garage is what I have considered prior to ordering the R8. For you (lucky you), it seemed like "should I get the R8 or the M5? Let's get both!"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just to confirm, is the car phantom black with lava gray side blades? I have the same color on order with gray interior. Nice car, thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to confirm, is the car phantom black with lava gray side blades? I have the same color on order with gray interior. Nice car, thanks for the pictures.
Yes, phantom black with lava gray. The black looks metalic with little specs in it. Its a beautiful color.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, from direct experience, which car is faster? the M5 or the R8??
Can't really compare the two. If I had a gun to my head and was forced to, I'd probably say something like this:

"The R8 is nimble and quick off the line. It seems very fast and you sit to low which adds to the effect. The M5 on the other hand is a beast with tremendous (almost violent) force off the line. Because you site higher in the M5 it feels like its pulling harder. Around the corners, the R8 rules."

·
Registered
156 Posts
in a straight line off a launch, i believe the m5 is faster than the r8.
but overall in a track, the r8 would win because of it's handling.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts