Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys
I have jusrt received my R8 V10, this has nothing to do anymore with the V8........what a fantasic car they have build.....wow

Sorry for the bad pictures, i will make better pictures soon.

[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
amazing. Have you driven a V8? Care to give us a seat-of-the-pants comparison?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Nice,.. but honestly, I prefer your dark green R8. That green was one of the best R8's that I have seen.

Ti-Mike, have fun with the new ride!

·
Registered
62 Posts
"B"-eautiful---nicely played. Is that Misano Red? Would love to hear the comparo between the V8 vs V10...Also, you must have some stroke at your dealer to get one this early. Would love to hear all the details...

Congrats! Incredible machine. Be safe and enjoy....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Woooow Mike,

Congratulations on ur new V10 , but why r the wheels r the same as the V8.. its supposed to be different !!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no, the other wheels are standard this is a option and i am not a real fan of the new wheels.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Those are the high gloss version of the V8 wheels.

Has it been launched in Switzerland yet, or did you secure by other means?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are the high gloss version of the V8 wheels.

Has it been launched in Switzerland yet, or did you secure by other means?

It only has been presented in switzerland and I guess No2 would be the answer. :D

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
congrats - another great color combo :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
It only has been presented in switzerland and I guess No2 would be the answer. :D
Well done whichever way! Would that make you the first bona fide customer in the world with one?

The front grille looks good with that colour combo, but can you get the grille in black?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Congratulations Mike,

You mentioned previously how you "secured" delivery. Well done !

I think we would all be interested in your comparison between the V8 and V10.

(Incidentally, did they fix that rear wheel broken bolt problem on your V8 ?)

I factory collect my V10 (Sepang/Apollo) in early June and am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
OOH WOW! Congrats! You are a very lucky man Mike. Nice color and wheel choices. I'm not liking the V10 wheels. Anxious to hear your review on V10 vs V8. Time for a Stelvio run!

Please post more pictures. Rear end and engine compartment please. Is there anything new in the options dept. on the V10? Enjoy your new beast.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats.

Did they change the inside dimensions at all? Obviously the V10 is a little longer than the V8. Did they loose the package tray behind the seats or move the firewall a little closer to the dash? I know the dimensional drawings show the seat a little bit more forward and a little less headroom.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congratulations Mike,

You got your New V10 just in time for summer driving in the Alps!

Let us all know how your getting along from time to time.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
no, the other wheels are standard this is a option and i am not a real fan of the new wheels.
aha i c .. those wheels looks amazing :)

and good choice :)

how the car sounds ? is it louder than the v8 ?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi guys, thanks for all the good wishes etc.
as soon as i will have time i will post a little report and make better pictures.
I just drove the car for 20km in the rain on sunday night.......max speed 80km/H.....report will follow as promised.....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The issue with the green one was a 100% material failure, could happen anywhere, see the Space Shuttle , nothing to do with curbs etc........mistakes or **** happens.....the car has been repaired and i drove it for quite some time after this.......my R8 V10 has been ordered since long time......now it arrived.......that simple.....the red is the same red is has been display on the geneve car show......it is not about the budget otherwise i would not have went for option like all Carbon parts available as well as Ceramic Brake etc.......I think, except for the Hill holder the car has all the options including leather dashbord and Alcantara roof................sure a dodge viper sound like a truck.......this engine has been build by another company and does sound more then something else ........guess how.....right like the toy from italy owned by the same company.

You surely feel the differences as the Audi boys had 2 years to do further development on the car, besides the development of the engine etc.......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts