Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a very happy TT owner for a few years now, and absolutely love my car, remapped, etc. That being said, the R8 is just a beast, and I'm getting one, soon(ish) :)

I own a few networks of internet retail properties, and to keep me sane and off the web all day, a biodiesel production company with a bud. My web team and I recently started putting our Search Engine Optimization and online marketing techniques to use commercially, rather than just for our own properties and ventures.

So, long and boring story short, my goal is for my marketing and SEO venture to buy my r8 !

I'll be stalking and asking questions throughout the next few months (hope its that fast ;p) about noob questions related to the r8.

Cheers and thanks for having me =p
Ryan

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome on board!

Are you looking to get the V8 or V10 model?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't decided yet! Is there any issues cropping up on peoples V8's yet? The current economy might be a good place to pick up a "used" R8, but that's just thinking off the top of my head hehe.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I haven't decided yet! Is there any issues cropping up on peoples V8's yet? The current economy might be a good place to pick up a "used" R8, but that's just thinking off the top of my head hehe.
No issue with the R8. It has been the one of the most reliable car I've owned and the most fulfilling driving experience among everything I've driven.

The R8 V8 is simply perfect and yes you can find a used one at a very good price. Expect to pay more for a R-Tronic version.

I am in the process of selling my R8 V8 to get the V10. Nothing wrong with the V8: I am able to sell my cars to a relative overseas (who doesn't pay customs to enter cars in) for pretty much what I paid for.

Moreover, the V10 is just the V8's big brother. ;)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Hovy , Might your Relative be interested in mine? Just thinking off the top of my head,(HE HE!). :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hovy , Might your Relative be interested in mine? Just thinking off the top of my head,(HE HE!). :)
He could be. I will ask if he wants more R8s. The only problem is that he requests the car(s) to be as stock as possible. Exterior/interior color combo is also an important criterion.

The cars are shipped to Turkey and then sold to rental companies and/or private dealerships. I don't really make any profit in this (lose a tiny bit: the equivalent of regristration fees). If I buy a car for X$, I sell it back to him for X$. He then makes X$ + XXX$. The profit margin on his end is quite big since he has contacts at the port and doesn't pay any customs and/or taxes.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I still have ALL the stock peices. But It's not too highly modified. Exhaust is only the Miltek which is the exhaust mostly quiet as stock.But if it turns out that the V10 isn't all its hyped up to be I'll stay with mine a while longer. Joining the two hundred mile per hour club in the V10 would be just too easy. Who has hit two tons in their R8 (V8)?? :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I havent heard of anyone hitting the top speed in their V8 yet have you? Hitting 200 mph would be a great feat, if it's possible :eek:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
170 is all I could do .You need alot of straight road to get over this hump. A slight curve at those speeds feels like a TIGHT turn and you wish you had a helmet and HANS device going on. I'll bet TiMike has some higher speeds . But even the Autobahn has curves AND TRAFFIC. Watch a program called Supercars revealed on SPEEDVISION for all the secrets of where to go REALLY fast. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Where is Piper's comment? That was a heck of a weird/displaced one. Either he deleted it or admins did.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
170 is all I could do .You need alot of straight road to get over this hump. A slight curve at those speeds feels like a TIGHT turn and you wish you had a helmet and HANS device going on. I'll bet TiMike has some higher speeds . But even the Autobahn has curves AND TRAFFIC. Watch a program called Supercars revealed on SPEEDVISION for all the secrets of where to go REALLY fast. :)
Harrison: did you miss the post "How fast IS that v10?" I posted that specifically for you...about the upcoming Utah Salt Flats Timing Assn.
runs at Bonneville. I think NOBODY made any posts to that thread. I figured you guys were all just too awe-struck to comment!;););) (I even started a new thread instead of hi-jacking another one:eek:)

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479

The link to their site tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about how to run for top speed. You DO have to have a roll cage and 4 or 5 pt. belts, but really you probably shouldn't consider trying to go 200 without that.....IF you loose it, even the R8's mighty "ASF" isn't probably gonna' keep you from being roadkill at that speed.

I may have bored everyone by bringing up my car club buddie's involvement with the Austin-Healey 55th Speed Record Anniversary, and wearing '50's clothes, but the USFTA is a REAL DEAL, (just like the So. Cal. T. A. runs in June) and one of those 2 is the way to run the Salt Flats.

Hot Rodders from Portland (and big time from LA) used to go there in the '50's to run their rods and lakesters, but YOU can do it today! So get that Nitrous injection going and get over there!:cool:

(I know, So. Cal. guys, the Lake stuff STARTED at Muroc, out by Edwards, and THAT is where the Lakester got it's name [hot rod built for top end speed and bodied with a cast off Air Force drop-tank] but the drop in the water table in So. Cal. caused Muroc's annual flooding to become too unreliable, and that is what smoothed the surface for racing every year; Bonneville sometimes has same problem but annual flooding is more reliable)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I missed that post. Been driving 9 hrs to the Az. Guys are getting into the 200 mph club in production cars without rollcages. Saw it on tv. Supercars Revealed.The fellow hit 198 in a porsche turbo(almost stock) then did hit 20something in the Saleen S7 or maybe it was a GT40. These runs were done at some airstrip here in the USA.:) Actually I missed ALL of todays posts 'cuz I made my monthly drive to Arizona to visit my MUM. Ahhh , now I get it "fat ass in the desert" . Pismo Dunes , IT is true the camara adds pounds.See gallery pic of my secretary Maggie.A REAL cutie. I have no doubts about the saying ,"DIFFERENT strokes for different folks" I finally met a REAL TRUE hater for the first time at any forum. Next to the guy who hit me with a snowball that had a rock in it, Kid stuff, but Hater nonetheless .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts