Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was out for a drive a while back with a fellow R8 GT owner and something weird happened.
Here's a summary (with videos of the whole experience) of what I learned...

First, I had a Stabbilisation Programme error...
Then, a while later the revs started playing up...
Finally, the car cut out. I had to have it towed...

Shown and explained near the end of this video:

So, after Audi investigated, it turns out it was faulty MAF meters.
These were replaced and...

I was really confused as to how this related to the Stabilisation Programme...

Turns out that the MAF sensors are used as an input to the Stabilisation Programme to understand Engine Load.
The readings were starting to fall outside of normal parameters so that tripped the Stabilisation Programme first.
Then, as the readings worsened, it resulted in the rev fluctuations and finally it cutting out.

I just thought, for any novice R8 owners like me, this could be good to know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, I was out for a drive a while back with a fellow R8 GT owner and something weird happened.
Here's a summary (with videos of the whole experience) of what I learned...

First, I had a Stabbilisation Programme error...
Then, a while later the revs started playing up...
Finally, the car cut out. I had to have it towed...

Shown and explained near the end of this video:

So, after Audi investigated, it turns out it was faulty MAF meters.
These were replaced and...

I was really confused as to how this related to the Stabilisation Programme...

Turns out that the MAF sensors are used as an input to the Stabilisation Programme to understand Engine Load.
The readings were starting to fall outside of normal parameters so that tripped the Stabilisation Programme first.
Then, as the readings worsened, it resulted in the rev fluctuations and finally it cutting out.

I just thought, for any novice R8 owners like me, this could be good to know.

I have the exam same issue a few weeks back. Driver side MAF is throwing code when scan with VagCom. Ordered to replace and hope this result the stability control plus the surging rev during idle.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Interesting...my car has similar symptoms and it's already in the shop for more than a week trying to find the cause. Stabilization fault light comes on first which disables sport dampers and traction/stability control on/off, then I get weak idling at a stop and at some point even clutch slippage on 1st to 3rd gears.I didnt get any rev hike though. But once I take the car on the highway the lights go away and the car behaves normally again, so it's very intermittent, which makes diagnostic difficult
mine's not a GT, it's a 2012 R8 V10 r tronic with 35k miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting...my car has similar symptoms and it's already in the shop for more than a week trying to find the cause. Stabilization fault light comes on first which disables sport dampers and traction/stability control on/off, then I get weak idling at a stop and at some point even clutch slippage on 1st to 3rd gears.I didnt get any rev hike though. But once I take the car on the highway the lights go away and the car behaves normally again, so it's very intermittent, which makes diagnostic difficult
mine's not a GT, it's a 2012 R8 V10 r tronic with 35k miles
Sound pretty similar. The shop should be able to have some error code with VAGCOM. Mine is also very intermittent but I can't take it anywhere until I replace the MAF sensor (tried cleaning, moving wire, checking wire etc.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts