Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Audi R8 arrived at port in Houston, Texas on January 21st.
But, Audi USA will not release my vehicle as they have placed a price hold
on it, because they do not know how to price the Audi Exclusive options I ordered.
I was given a MSRP of $135,850 USD which included all US options plus Audi
Exclusive full leather in Mustang / Tuscan Brown. Seems there is only one
person that works for Audi USA that can do this and therefore I wait until?
I have called the R8 desk at Audi USA and have been told the same thing
as my dealer has said. I again asked if the price I was given was correct
and told yes and that it would not change. So my question is why can't
Audi USA produce a window sticker and release my vehicle to my dealer?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I dont think it is just Audi USA.
I think Audi has made a great car but they are so far behind Porsche when it comes to customer information and back up that it is crazy.

My dealer can not get Audi to give a price on simple things.
I know it will be about what the dealer has told me but you would think that if they offer the option they would have a price for it.

Maybe they just spin a wheel with numbers on it and come up with a price.

Hope they sort it out for you soon.

When you get your car post a pix of the interior.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Interesting but very frustrating for you I'm sure. I'd be interested to know some of the Exclusive options prices, as I originally ordered my car with deviating stitching through the Exclusive program, but cancelled that option after I was told it would be over $3000 just for different colored stitching on just the steering wheel and door panels!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Doesn't help you at all, but I have totally different experience - in Hungary/Europe. I have asked prices and details on many different options including Exclusive and got details quickly, even discount % was quick to get confirmed. For comparison I asked prices in Austria and in Germany - both went quick. Changing spec was also without a problem.
Reading some similar topics I have the feeling you have serious issues at Audi USA there. I would never think that any company can allow that especially in the US.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:mad: I just received a telephone call from Audi USA telling me that they just
discovered that the person who produces the window stickers has left
the company and they have had to turn it over to Volkswagen USA to
do so. Again, they can not tell me when my R8 will be released.
Perhaps it's their way of punishing me for willing to spend more
money with Audi by ordering an Audi Exclusive interior!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tulsa, that is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable at the same time. You mean to tell me there is one guy who makes all of audi's window stickers? no way. So even though you have already been told of the final price, the hold up is that they can't figure out how to itemize all the info on a window sticker? Audi USA seems like an amateur dog show.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tulsa, that is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable at the same time. You mean to tell me there is one guy who makes all of audi's window stickers? no way. So even though you have already been told of the final price, the hold up is that they can't figure out how to itemize all the info on a window sticker? Audi USA seems like an amateur dog show.
I had the same question and was told that there is only one person who does
the window stickers for an Audi Exclusive vehicle. Hard to believe! I just called the R8 advocate number and was told again that they are working on
it. And, no answer other than "working on it" when they thought my vehicle
would be released.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've encountered this attitude from Audi USA, too. I made an appointment to take my car in for service at a dealer that was over a 2-hour round trip drive away. When I got there, the tech said he was not allowed to do any repairs on an R8 without getting approval from Audi. However, Audi USA was not answering their phones due to a staff meeting.

These kinds of issues reflect an organization that is deeply mired in internal bureaucracy, that is all wrapped up with its internal rules and procedures, and that views customers as distractions from the really important business of keeping their paperwork straight.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Audi Exclusive is a joke. I have equally bad experience when asking about it. Nobody knows anything. It's worse than even BMW Individual!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have to say Audi USA sounds like a U.S. Federal government. Not customer focused and user friendly. They need to realize that everything in the company exists to serve one thing, that is the customer. An exchange of revenue for product/services. Either they change or the customer will have to change (to another company). After all they are not the only one who knows how to make a sports car. I like the R8 very much and am sad to feel that I might have to put up with a subpar organization. In terms of customer service and infrastructure, Audi USA does not sound like it is anywhere near MB or Porsche.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Audi Exclusive is a joke. I have equally bad experience when asking about it. Nobody knows anything. It's worse than even BMW Individual!
Audi Exclusive is not a joke. Audi South Korea is a JOKE.

In Europe you can get all Exclusive items for R8 without any problem. I have a Audi Exclusive catalogue in German and my Audi dealer has complete dealers
guide how to order Audi Exclusive items for R8(and other Audi models). If you have any special request from Audi Exclusive(for example Full Leather Package in Black with seats inserts in Classic Red and all stitching in Classic Red) then I recommend visit to Neckarsulm with guidence from your dealer(mine dealer arrange that for me).

It seems to me that your dealer is simply way too lazy or not competant enough to sell car like R8...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Audi Exclusive is not a joke. Audi South Korea is a JOKE.

In Europe you can get all Exclusive items for R8 without any problem. I have a Audi Exclusive catalogue in German and my Audi dealer has complete dealers
guide how to order Audi Exclusive items for R8(and other Audi models). If you have any special request from Audi Exclusive(for example Full Leather Package in Black with seats inserts in Classic Red and all stitching in Classic Red) then I recommend visit to Neckarsulm with guidence from your dealer(mine dealer arrange that for me).

It seems to me that your dealer is simply way too lazy or not competant enough to sell car like R8...
Sounds like much better in Europe. I'll have to take it back. Audi Korea is a joke!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Audi USA is the problem. They are completely unorganized. Only after my order was through, did I find out I could order Exclusive stuff, though it was too late to change. My dealer had no idea about it until he called corporate to find out. They didn't send anything until he asked for it. By that time it was too late.

My fully load price at MSRP minus Exclusive stuff is like 133K. I'd say you got a deal if you paid 135K and got exclusive features. He showed me the prices on the exclusive paints and leathers. They were really expensive and rather limited in the placement of different colors. I was disapointed. If I ever decide that I want a different color interior/exterior, I'll probably get it professionally done after-market.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Audi USA is the problem. They are completely unorganized. Only after my order was through, did I find out I could order Exclusive stuff, though it was too late to change. My dealer had no idea about it until he called corporate to find out. They didn't send anything until he asked for it. By that time it was too late.

My fully load price at MSRP minus Exclusive stuff is like 133K. I'd say you got a deal if you paid 135K and got exclusive features. He showed me the prices on the exclusive paints and leathers. They were really expensive and rather limited in the placement of different colors. I was disapointed. If I ever decide that I want a different color interior/exterior, I'll probably get it professionally done after-market.
I only changed the interior to all Mustang / Tuscan Brown...Dash, Doors,
Steering Wheel, Leather Band on Shift Knob. Alcantara Headliner in Black
and Black Carpets. The exterior is Ice Silver with Apollo Silver Blades.
So, I knew it could not be more than $1-2,000 USD additional
and since I could not get any pricing from my dealer I decided to go for
it. Hopefully, the order was placed as I specified.
I will start calling again tomorrow to find out when my vehicle will be released.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Based on everything I've heard, you'd better get braced for a LOT more than just an extra $1-2K for the customer leather job . . . when Audi can finally decide which office worker to give the assignment of printing out the window sticker.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My dealer told me the MSRP is $135.850 USD and this has been verified by
Audi. I think the problem is Audi USA does not know how to allocate the charges to the individual items. Does not make sense but that is where it
stands as of now.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think the problem is Audi USA does not know how to allocate the charges to the individual items. Does not make sense but that is where it stands as of now.
You're right. This makes no sense. If the price to you has already been determined and Audi is committed to it, they can make the internal cost allocation on their books in their own good time. There is absolutely NO accounting reason whatsoever that would cause that to delay the delivery of the car to the customer.

I think you're being fed a line. My guess is someone gave you a wrong price, and Audi is trying to figure out whether to eat it or come back to you with a price adjustment.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I only changed the interior to all Mustang / Tuscan Brown...Dash, Doors,
Steering Wheel, Leather Band on Shift Knob. Alcantara Headliner in Black
and Black Carpets. The exterior is Ice Silver with Apollo Silver Blades.
So, I knew it could not be more than $1-2,000 USD additional
and since I could not get any pricing from my dealer I decided to go for
it. Hopefully, the order was placed as I specified.
I will start calling again tomorrow to find out when my vehicle will be released.
Hmmm. Only $1-2K for the whole interior to be custom ordered? Sounds too low to me considering I was told there is a flat $1,200 USD fee just to use Audi Exclusive. And I was also told $1910 USD just for contrast stitching on wheels and doors. Your price must be much higher than that. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:) Monday, I again called the Audi USA R8 Advocate number to inquire
about when my R8 would be released from port to my dealer in Houston.
Good news is that the paperwork is complete and my vehicle will be
going to my dealer this week. This is also confirmed by my dealer.
I am now waiting for the dealer call to travel, take a look at it,
and complete the transaction.
I presume by the end of the week.

My Audi R8 arrived at port in Houston, Texas on January 21st.
But, Audi USA will not release my vehicle as they have placed a price hold
on it, because they do not know how to price the Audi Exclusive options I ordered.
I was given a MSRP of $135,850 USD which included all US options plus Audi
Exclusive full leather in Mustang / Tuscan Brown. Seems there is only one
person that works for Audi USA that can do this and therefore I wait until?
I have called the R8 desk at Audi USA and have been told the same thing
as my dealer has said. I again asked if the price I was given was correct
and told yes and that it would not change. So my question is why can't
Audi USA produce a window sticker and release my vehicle to my dealer?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts