Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Look out for my white R8 w/ Carbon blade on the cover of Audi Driver in March in the UK. They photographed it being fitted with a Milltek non Res exhaust back in about October and are now doing the feature. I also had Pagid blue pads put on, racing brake fluid and a slight tweak of the ECU. APS in Northants did the work and were awesome, also loaned me the dogs bollocks of GTIs for a day - wow! Anyway, I hope the pictures are good, I sent a few from my Summer Supercar tour to add to it. Keep an eye out for it. Just holding for the weather to improve so I can use it more - white sucks in the UK winter !

Cheers all. Have fun w/ your R8's.:)
M

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maverick,
Ive been waiting to read the article on your car.How does it feel after the upgrades, and are you happy with it, or is a V10 calling, regards, SIMON.:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi guys,
Look out for my white R8 w/ Carbon blade on the cover of Audi Driver in March in the UK. They photographed it being fitted with a Milltek non Res exhaust back in about October and are now doing the feature. I also had Pagid blue pads put on, racing brake fluid and a slight tweak of the ECU. APS in Northants did the work and were awesome, also loaned me the dogs bollocks of GTIs for a day - wow! Anyway, I hope the pictures are good, I sent a few from my Summer Supercar tour to add to it. Keep an eye out for it. Just holding for the weather to improve so I can use it more - white sucks in the UK winter !

Cheers all. Have fun w/ your R8's.:)
M

Hi Maverick,

Nice to hear it made the cover of Audi Driver, I didn't know this until now so that is a pleasant surprise!

I hope you are well and speak to you soon.

P.S. That Golf is now pumping out over 360bhp!

Kind regards,

Ed

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Please post a copy when available for those of us on the other side of the pond!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I would'nt have my R8 any other way (except for super charging and small nitrous shot ) .PPI air filter conversion,Miltek cat back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello Ed,
Whats your opinion of the tweaked R8 V8, is it a big improvement over standard ? , regards, SIMON.

Hi Simon,

As the gains are only relatively small it is never going to be a huge difference in performance but so far having done 6 now here in the UK the feedback has been positive, we have done far more B7 RS4’s, over 20, and they also respond in the same way to this tuning and again so far all customers have been pleased. If it were me and I owned one I would invest the money in the car for the enjoyment you get in return.

One of the main differences you notice when driving the R8 pre and post remap is the extra ability of the engine in the mid range. We make changes to a lot of parameters to provide a smoother power delivery as well. The combination of the revised software and the exhaust system without any pre cats is brilliant.

The other thing to do would be if you are based in the UK, pop up to Milltek and have a look/listen/go out in their R8 to get an idea of this sort of upgrade.

Kind regards,

Ed

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Great article. Seems the little Audis are loved everywhere.White sure seems to do this car a lot of justice..But this is a car that could be covered in mud and still be beutiful in my eyes. My R 8 is a P.P.I. Baby Razor.I 'm almost done with the mods for now.Have you seen my pics? gallery is "harrison".It does seem we think alike.I am not sure at this point whether to re-map,chip, or both? '08 R 8,Jet blue,stage one P.P.I. aerokit, Milltek cat back exhaust , P.P.I. air filters,P.P.I. Carbon Fibre interior and steering wheel ,all C.F. in polished clear coat,10 m.m. spacers on four wheels,Black chromed original 19" wheels,charcoal interior,medium tint on glass,P.P.I. C.F. front grill,bumper mods,6,000 miles so far. Fun car to work on and drive. A devil in angels clothes. One question for now...Is it the rev limitor removed or the max. speed limiter?( something I'm not aware of)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ed,I currently have the miltek exhaust already fitted and I love it,how much is the ECU programming and what is the total BHP increase you have seen with the miltek and ecu upgrade ?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Hello ed same for me but I am in the U.S. Can you direct me?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello ed same for me but I am in the U.S. Can you direct me?
Hi Harrison,

The best advice I can give is to find a tuner who custom writes software and has a good understanding of these engines and the type of ECU they use. Do you have a preferred tuning company that you use already for the upgrades you have already had fitted? We don’t have any contact really with any companies across the pond that I could say "hey use these guys we know them and they will take care of you and your car" but I can make some enquires for you.

Kind regards,

Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts