Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Great review! Questions: How does the R8 drive as compared to the 911? Same question as compared to the SL550? Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great review! Questions: How does the R8 drive as compared to the 911? Same question as compared to the SL550? Thanks.
I'm really at a dissadvantage here, as we did not drive the other cars on the full track, only on an AutoCross course. We drove the SL550 first, and it is what it is---- a very nice car- a GT really, not a sports car. That doesnt mean it wasnt fun. I wish i would've turned off any ESP, because it really shut down the fun.

The C2S was excellent on the Auto X. Wonderful grip. Unfortunately, one lap in a car wont tell someone a whole lot about the car. Unless the car is really terrible (that would be the Aston Martin, it was really bad feeling to me).

And, I dont have very much history w/ the 911 :( , so i didnt know what to expect. But it fealt great to me.

The R8 was fantastic. Pulled so hard, and was very easy to get it around the twisty parts of the autoX.

I'd love to be able to report more, but it was basically over before it started.

RB

·
Registered
774 Posts
BSR

even with such few laps I think you have gained the right impressions :

Aston - fast and nice to look at but not nice to drive
SL - GT cruiser - not for the twisty bits
911 and R8 - both great cars to drive and little between them in this respect - 911 more sporting set up but R8 more power, excellent traction, handling and ride in both cars

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey BSR,

Thanks for the write up. How were you so fortunate to be able to partake in such an event?

I'm a Certified R8 Salesperson here in the states. (not much determines this, mostly good fortune and clean living on my part!)

Salespeople, Managers, and Service folk got to enjoy this 2 day R8 training event.
RB

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BSR

911 and R8 - both great cars to drive and little between them in this respect - 911 more sporting set up but R8 more power, excellent traction, handling and ride in both cars
I agree, mostly :) i wouldnt go as far saying 'the 911 is more sporting set up'.
The R8 was exceedingly 'sporty' in its feel. I have an impossible time believing that there will be any reviews of the R8 where they dont come away feeling that this car is a fantastic sports car. (i'll be very suspicious of outside influences in reviews that contradict me!!! :D )

RB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts