Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving a golf cart for my daily in town but the R8 was my only out of town car. Averaging almost 1500 miles a month. This will take that load off the R8. Needs a bit of work.
IMG_9221.jpg
IMG_9222.jpg
IMG_9227.jpg
IMG_9228.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,268 Posts
Very cool - that has some real character! :) I wouldn't touch a thing (aside from any mechanicals that may need it) - love the look.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Looks very much ok for a daily, though suspect suggestions from some forum members will include updated sound/navigation system, 20" wheels with PS4S tyres, a different colour wrap, some carbon fibre parts, diffuser, front spoiler and rear wing, coilovers and window tints. Others will discuss resale/depreciation and collectability LoL, enjoy it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks very much ok for a daily, though suspect suggestions from some forum members will include updated sound/navigation system, 20" wheels with PS4S tyres, a different colour wrap, some carbon fibre parts, diffuser, front spoiler and rear wing, coilovers and window tints. Others will discuss resale/depreciation and collectability LoL, enjoy it.
LOL! Step 1 is getting the brakes to work.:D
Having to roll it forward and back a few feet to make it look like it's drivable to keep it from getting ticketed by the city.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looks like it will keep you busy for a while. Assuming you're retired, it'll get you out of the house a little for some quality alone time. ;)

I would agree on some CF, especially a rear wing to help balance out the front. Also, a set of wheelie bars would look cool. Enjoy your project.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Don't forget the classic: "Make sure it's gated or its a useless POS"

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
This will take that load off the R8. Needs a bit of work.
Just one or two more observations -

1. You bought this without asking the opinion or guidance of the forum members on model/transmission types?
2. You didn't ask where to get a PPI done?
3. You didn't ask which warranty to go with?

My my a purely impulse purchase, which you'll enjoy completely.

·
Premium Member
4,268 Posts
On the bright side, I'm guessing there's no A/C to worry about fixing, and if the shocks are leaking, they won't be $8k to replace. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts