Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

Registered
Are you going to run the oilfeed thrue these? I recomend that you use pressed hoses to the feed! I have a friend that had a hosefail and a fire started.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Hahah i guess not anymore i will order feed line problem is im not sure how long i need as i still havent figured out where to get the feed from here is photo from my oil filter housing

Also are you running anything on the feed to prevent from oil going into turbos when the car is off ? Like a valve ? Maybe also a valve on the return

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Some updates from today finished turbo flanges to the stock downpipes and started working on the x pipe which is 3.5 inch

Attachments

Registered
Looks great 馃憤馃憤
What ive read they use to take the oilfeed from the side of the engine via a banjo!

Registered
Great work!
How about moving the turbos further away from each-other, might give you a straighter piping from the engine to the turbo.
Check the cylinder head for oil feed, there might be an option.

2018-SH_SEMA-Sheepey-Built-Ferrari-458-Twin-Turbo_Trevor-Ryan-017_2409-680x453.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
it will be very difficult for me to move them apart as i would have trouble running cold side piping to intercoolers and would likely need custom intercoolers

also i do not think the 2 90 degree bends pre turbo will make much of a problem

i think i will take oil feed from the oil pressure sensor

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
so new problem of the day i see everyone in turbo kits drains from turbos into a oil collector tank and then do they pump it into the pan or just straight line?

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Cfi thank you can you please give a bit more info?

I see alot of companies draining left and right turbo into an oil collector and then from there does it just go to the train plug? And the dry sump pulls it out via vacuum?

Or does it go to 2 drain plugs one for each turbo?

Thank you

Registered
Ive never had to do that nor have i seen that from any other company and ive had a few come through my shop in the past years. The v8 cars you should as they dont have the same scavenge system as a v10(learned the hard way), There is no need to dump into a reservoir. Ive already showed you pics of this remember.

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
I do not recall but if you can show me again would be great let me show you the examples of cans i saw people use sheepy/dime seems like they drain into the can and then i assume pump into pan ? Or just feed into pan?

Thanks alot man

Attachments

Registered
You should look up R8.LMS on instagram he had to have his oil drain lines redone he might be able to share some insight with you on where they redid the lines for better flow.

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
R8 lms is a v8 sounds like they have a dif scavange setup

Cfi can you please provide more info on how do it ? Thank you

21 - 40 of 91 Posts