Audi R8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
You should look up R8.LMS on instagram he had to have his oil drain lines redone he might be able to share some insight with you on where they redid the lines for better flow.
Thats a v8, different motor different dry sump scavenge. Lex is building a v10.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sheepey Race also use catch cans, look closely at attached picture and you will spot it. Any downside?
The question is where to pick the Oil feed.
CFI, will you share ?

oil return hurrican iii (1).jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
thats blurry as all hell, i cant spot anything but a bunch of lines running everywhere.

r8_hardware.jpg

Maybe this photo you can spot the -10 line drain coming off the bottom of the turbo.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thank you cfi for your information its very helpful

Here is a small update fitted up air to water tanks and welded them together as they werent fitting with a gap in between and also painted the calipers

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pretty cool project , I'd love to do TT kit on my car

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Small update looking to finish this by end of next week and will be getting tuned by cfi

Just need to finish oil/water lines powder coat everything

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
its a porsche boxer front radiator fits surprising pretty good part number is beh-99610603751
I dig it and the price is right but I'd have to redo my hoses with the inlet and outlet on different sides. What is the OD of the inlet and outlet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Small update connected the turbo oil feed to the pressure sensor ran no restrictor as im running journal bearing turbos then connected drain to a catch can that isnt vented and ran 1 line drain the plug in the back of the pan started the car oil pouring out of the turbo seals

Few questions does anyone know what the oil pressure at the pressure is?
Did i use a pressurized drain on the pan instead of a vacuum one?

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
You're going to have to return the oil somewhere above the oil level in the pan, perhaps the dry sump tank. So you'll need a scavenging pump. I can't be of much help here as my turbos are oilless.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I have a scavange pump was trying to not use it wonder if it will cause any problems if i pump back into the drain plug in pan

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would imagine you could do that. The pump should be able to pump through what little oil is in the pan (dry sump). But a gravity drain alone won't do that alone, even with the reservoir you made.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts