Audi R8 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Small update finished front cooler with 2 -12 an fittings for inlet outlet and -10 for drain now will get powder coated
Finished the air to water cooler added tial bovs and 2 maf adapters just need to make tabs to hold it to the brace underneath and need to clean the core from any dust / aluminum pieces if anyone has any good suggestions ? Hot tank maybe?

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would imagine you could do that. The pump should be able to pump through what little oil is in the pan (dry sump). But a gravity drain alone won't do that alone, even with the reservoir you made.
doesn't need a scavenge pump when you have a factory dry sump system scavenging oil from the pan you drain into.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would imagine you could do that. The pump should be able to pump through what little oil is in the pan (dry sump). But a gravity drain alone won't do that alone, even with the reservoir you made.
doesn't need a scavenge pump when you have a factory dry sump system scavenging oil from the pan you drain into.
Is it possible to drain it in the oilplugg thrue a banjo?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Small update got some parts back from powder coating finally starting to look nice

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
So small update i started the car ran for a minutw turned it off to check for oil leaks or backup oil after i change the drain to a dif spot in the pan and changed feed lines to -3 everything is good now new problem the car wont crank anymore shows transmission error brake error and wont crank i tried to jump start it and same result any help?

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
What does the gear indicator show when you try to start the car...... should go to neutral. Do you have the DTC fault codes? Does the gearbox hydraulic pump run?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Also when i put it in gear it stays stuck unless i pull battery terminal for 5 min then it goes back to neutral

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Will check with vag later for codes i have obd. Code reader via the p3 gauge but i would assume its useless

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Sounds very much like the car doesn't know whether its in neutral or not, hope it's not the clutch position sensor or clutch throwout bearing..... gearbox removal to change it.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts