Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Recently bought a second hand R8 and the guy who sold it to me didn’t really know all too much about it. When I got the car keys it has this fob attached to it, but I have no idea what it does. Anyone know what it is?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Old style Capristo exhaust valve controller. 1- closes exhaust valves 2- Opens exhaust valves, 3/4 for programming exhaust valves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave. That has actually made my day! Thanks for the help! Do you know the exact functions of 3 and 4?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Thanks Dave. That has actually made my day! Thanks for the help! Do you know the exact functions of 3 and 4?
I have never programmed the valves on my exhaust (too lazy) so I just have them closed in town and open when out of town.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I have responded to the OP's other post and copied and pasted the explanation from the Capristo manual.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I have responded to the OP's other post and copied and pasted the explanation from the Capristo manual.
Still haven't programmed mine Trev, even with all the instructions you gave me, just plain lazy. Anyway it's nearly 10 o'clock here on a very sunny day so time to drive and not write :cool:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Still haven't programmed mine Trev, even with all the instructions you gave me, just plain lazy. Anyway it's nearly 10 o'clock here on a very sunny day so time to drive and not write :cool:
Enjoy it Dave.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's still programmed from the factory. You only need to program it if you want to change when the exhaust valves open. I definitely would if I were you! I did mine and I love it.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
It's still programmed from the factory. You only need to program it if you want to change when the exhaust valves open. I definitely would if I were you! I did mine and I love it.
As I said, open out of town, closed in town but the valves open up when doing the traffic light grand prix kkkkkkkkk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts