Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not too long a wait - placed a deposit with the brokers back in June 07 and I've been told car has now arrived in the UK (well on the 30 Aug). Had to pay a premium though. Told it should be with the dealer sometime this week. Does anyone know how long it takes from arrival in the country and preparation by the dealer to eventual pickup by the customer?

Will post some pics when I get it! Thinking if I should get the paintshield product but defo a tracker.

Final question - need to get a car seat for my little boy...so looking at ISOFIX seats... do I need to cover the seat in someway to prevent damage to the leather with a child seat placed on it?

Live in Canary Wharf and Farnham so hope to see you guys around....don't forget to flash! ;-)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I guess it all depends on what the hardness of the bottom of the child seat is like? If it were me i would put a thin cushion down just to protect the seat as the leather is very soft and easily damaged.

Most dealers aim for a set delivery date so i guess it all depends on what date your broker has set for you? best bet is have a word with your broker as a dealer can turn around a prep, tracker and valet in about 1.5 days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mothercare do a really good seat protector to go under the child seat. It's called the Neatseat, works with Isofix and costs £21.99. It really protects the leather.

I've also got a Jet Blue R8 coming shortly and live just the other side of Alton from you. Let's see who's first on the road - mine also just arrived in the UK but I don't have a delivery date confirmed yet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mothercare do a really good seat protector to go under the child seat. It's called the Neatseat, works with Isofix and costs £21.99. It really protects the leather.

I've also got a Jet Blue R8 coming shortly and live just the other side of Alton from you. Let's see who's first on the road - mine also just arrived in the UK but I don't have a delivery date confirmed yet.
Thanks for the great info - will look out for you on the M3 :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts