Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello R8Talk fam!

On behalf of Nagengast, I would like to announce a replacement service for magnetic ride shocks for our beloved 1st Gen R8s (2008-2015) for North America. You will no longer need to put your car on stands, ship shocks to Poland and then wait 6-8 weeks to receive them back.

We have several sets readily available for shipping now.

Price: $900 (plus $100 deposit) per shock. That includes:

• Regenerated shock
  • Shipping to and from Poland
  • Shipping to your home address
  • Import fees
Upon payment, you will receive detailed photos of the shocks heading your way.

Once you swap your leaky/broken shocks, you will mail them out to an address in Arizona or Massachusetts (wherever closer). This will earn you a deposit credit of $400.

The Nagengast Mag Ride regeneration process pictured in video:

All refurbished shocks come with a 12 month warranty.

As an FYI - your current options for replacing all four shocks are:
  • BC Racing Coilovers: ~$1,400 (you lose magnetic ride button functionality)
  • Ohlins Coilovers: $5,000 (same as above)
  • OEM Magnetic Ride Shocks: ~$9,000 (new, factory replacement)
Actual picture of one of the sets ready for shipment:

If interested, please send me a direct message here on R8Talk or send email to: [email protected] or via Instagram: @nagengast.usa

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicely done...great option for those wanting to stay OEM.
Thank you! It's a convenient alternative for those who can't/don't want to wait.

Can you order just one shock, or are they only available in sets?
Sets only. You'd want to replace at least front or rear at the same time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just to clarify, it's $1000 per shock, and we get $400 back once we ship it back? So the actual cost per shock is $600?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m very interested in this option to replace my failed mag ride shocks. During the rebuild, do you address the issue that makes the mag ride shocks fail prematurely and if so, how?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m very interested in this option to replace my failed mag ride shocks. During the rebuild, do you address the issue that makes the mag ride shocks fail prematurely and if so, how?
I can neither confirm or deny that the issue is addressed, HOWEVER - not one shock remanufactured shock has come back to Nagengast yet, nor have they heard from a customer that they leak again.

Here is a video of how much work goes into remanufacturing a shock (a little dramatic, and from a different car, but you get the idea).

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's ~$1000 to order each shock from Nagengast with a ~$440 core charge ($560 net price), and you can order individual shocks for each corner if you like. Why would anyone pay $900 when it's $560 direct from the source?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why would anyone pay $900 when it's $560 direct from the source?
Because it includes shipping, handling and taxes. On top of it - you only wait 5 business days instead of 5-8 weeks.

They don't actually have shocks available, so you would need to have your car on jack stands for an extended period of time, until the mag rides you shipped out get remanufactured and shipped back to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got 4 refurbished from raf and they are AWESOME. I ordered them from him, he was super easy to work with, got the shocks about 5 days from him and then 2 days at my alignment guys shop and they are done. The price is a lot but considering I called 5 different Audi dealerships around the country and the best price any one of them could do was 6k for JUST the back shocks...I am super satisfied.
2020-03-26 17.14.40.jpg

1 - 20 of 66 Posts