Audi R8 Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
This may be a dumb question but how do you know if the mag ride starts to fail?
You should see fluid coming out of them when you have the car on the lift as well as be able to feel and hear front thumping noise, indicating there is not enough fluid there to absorb it the bumps on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just replaced my rear magnetic ride shocks with the Nagengast ones through Rafalboston service. With just a few PMs and a PayPal payment, the shocks were delivered within a week and Audi installed them in just half a day. After the shocks settled in, the car feels great again and going over bumps without hearing a thump from the rear is a relief. Returning the old shocks and receiving the deposit back was also an easy process. I individually bagged the shocks because they were leaking oil and tightly packed them into a shipping box. A couple of PMs with Rafalboston for the UPS label (he needed the box size and weight) and then dropped them off at the UPS store. Once the shocks were delivered, I got a notification that my deposit was waiting in PayPal.

Thanks Rafalboston for making this process a simple and easy one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also can comment - I didn't buy shocks through Raf but purchased some other parts. He wrapped them neatly, shipped and supplied tracking numbers. Then checked up with me to make sure they arrived and that I was satisfied. Would recommend.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Is there a similar service available for UK based R8-ers..? If so - I will send money..!
I heard from Nagengast that you were taken care of. Enjoy your new shocks!

I just replaced my rear magnetic ride shocks with the Nagengast ones through Rafalboston service. With just a few PMs and a PayPal payment, the shocks were delivered within a week and Audi installed them in just half a day. After the shocks settled in, the car feels great again and going over bumps without hearing a thump from the rear is a relief. Returning the old shocks and receiving the deposit back was also an easy process. I individually bagged the shocks because they were leaking oil and tightly packed them into a shipping box. A couple of PMs with Rafalboston for the UPS label (he needed the box size and weight) and then dropped them off at the UPS store. Once the shocks were delivered, I got a notification that my deposit was waiting in PayPal.

Thanks Rafalboston for making this process a simple and easy one.
Much appreciated! It was a pleasure working with you!

Also can comment - I didn't buy shocks through Raf but purchased some other parts. He wrapped them neatly, shipped and supplied tracking numbers. Then checked up with me to make sure they arrived and that I was satisfied. Would recommend.
Hope to see another review when you end up going with the shocks! Have fun with the wheels. Send me some pics when you powdercoat them!

61 - 67 of 67 Posts