Audi R8 Forums banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
To the top! Only V8 sets available at this moment. Two V10 sets should be ready early April.
I've been lurking for a while and your product is one of the factors that got me over the finish line. I only need the rears for a V10, do you sell them separately from the fronts?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Do you just buy leaked mag ride shocks? I have a set of four.

·
Registered
2009 R8 V8 R-Tronic Audi Exclusive
22 Posts
Hello R8Talk fam!

On behalf of Nagengast, I would like to announce a replacement service for magnetic ride shocks for our beloved 1st Gen R8s (2008-2015) for North America. You will no longer need to put your car on stands, ship shocks to Poland and then wait 6-8 weeks to receive them back.

We have several sets readily available for shipping now.

Price: $900 (plus $100 deposit) per shock. That includes:

• Regenerated shock
  • Shipping to and from Poland
  • Shipping to your home address
  • Import fees
Upon payment, you will receive detailed photos of the shocks heading your way.

Once you swap your leaky/broken shocks, you will mail them out to an address in Arizona or Massachusetts (wherever closer). This will earn you a deposit credit of $400.

The Nagengast Mag Ride regeneration process pictured in video:

All refurbished shocks come with a 12 month warranty.

As an FYI - your current options for replacing all four shocks are:
  • BC Racing Coilovers: ~$1,400 (you lose magnetic ride button functionality)
  • Ohlins Coilovers: $5,000 (same as above)
  • OEM Magnetic Ride Shocks: ~$9,000 (new, factory replacement)
Actual picture of one of the sets ready for shipment:
View attachment 246736

If interested, please send me a direct message here on R8Talk or send email to: [email protected] or via Instagram: @nagengast.usa
Job done! Raf from Nagengast did everything he said he would plus more!! He was out of standard V8 shocks but sent me better one, H&R springs (on V10 shocks) at no additional expense. (He even pays for shipping from the $4000 I paid).
They all arrived in about one week after my payment, in one box, straight to my door (UPS)
Well wrapped in plenty of packing for protection. Customs import duty was around $130.
It cost me about $1000 to have them installed at Audi Abu Dhabi (they are great!).

Total price fully fitted $5130 USD

I can definitely recommend Raf at Nagengast.
One day I will visit Poland and shake his hand.

My wife is happy as her baby is nice to drive again.

·
Vendor
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
To the top!

We've been low on inventory in the past month (as you can tell from our other thread) but we should be back on track starting next week. V8 and V10 shocks (also a set of H&R lowered V8 shocks) will be available. Contact us for a quote.

Also, to clarify:
  • If you have some leaking/used shocks laying around your garage - we will buy them for $50 a piece and pay for your shipping cost.
  • If you are purchasing shocks from us, we will pay $100 for each shock, as an incentive to return your cores and because that amount is already built in the pricing.

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
828 Posts
I will be selling the OEM coil overs off my Gen 2 plus (8k mi) since I ordered the Audi-Sport 3-way adjustable. Should be here in a week or two.

question: I’m putting them up for sale but who would benefit purchasing those?

A. Just Gen 2 Base owners who want a sportier fixed suspension vs. Mag rides?
B. Gen 2 Plus owners who want a second and/or newer set?
C. Can Gen 1 owners benefit? Will my coil overs fit a Gen 1?

I’m unfamiliar w the Gen 1 so want to make sure I get my facts straight. And if I should remove the OEM set from my for-sale post or not

·
Vendor
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I will be selling the OEM coil overs off my Gen 2 plus (8k mi) since I ordered the Audi-Sport 3-way adjustable. Should be here in a week or two.

question: I’m putting them up for sale but who would benefit purchasing those?

A. Just Gen 2 Base owners who want a sportier fixed suspension vs. Mag rides?
B. Gen 2 Plus owners who want a second and/or newer set?
C. Can Gen 1 owners benefit? Will my coil overs fit a Gen 1?

I’m unfamiliar w the Gen 1 so want to make sure I get my facts straight. And if I should remove the OEM set from my for-sale post or not
Gen 2 shocks are not compatible with Gen 1. You have great questions that should be addressed in the Gen 2 section of the forum.

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
828 Posts
Gen 2 shocks are not compatible with Gen 1. You have great questions that should be addressed in the Gen 2 section of the forum.
thanks. I was asking you because you seem like an expert in the shocks and thought you had some insight.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts