Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Somewhere I found the quote below on R8Talk.com, but I cannot find it again. Can someone assist? I need to find instructions on installing a EU rear fog lamp on an USA car. Can anyone identify who I quoted?

“There are some internet vendors that have them. I talked to my R8 tech who had installed one. He said the physical install was fairly straight forward with a replacement of the light switch, some wire running and the actual mounting of the light in the rear punch out. It required some reprogramming of the computer that must be done at a dealer. I think he said it required 2 to 3 hours of work on his part and you can get the parts for about $225. “

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
You can also call around to different dealers for quotes.I have found that pricing on labor is not set in stone.Luckily most of my work can be done in my own shop.(with a little help from my freinds!).See gallery to notice some MAJOR changes I have made to my Audi.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found everything I needed. Thanks for your assistance. I attempted to remove the thread after I found my thread, but could not figure out how to delete my thread.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Can anyone that installed this by tapping into the tail lights check their vehicle to see if the fog light blinks when using the turn signal? My friend has one installed, and I noticed this while driving behind him and was concerned this was an issue before purchasing for myself. He says that he followed the forum install instructions. An easy way to check is to use the reverse cam while in the vehicle. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts