Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
The R8 Milltek is available and I have one installed on my R8. It is simply the most sophisticated and masculine sound you would desire. Not harsh and loud like the Capristo. I have enjoyed Milltek on two S4 & one RS4 model as well as a 996 C2S. Contact Milltek direct. Since you are in OZ I have included Milltek contact information rather than the US distributor, Stratmosphere. You will find Phil @ Milltek a real pleasure to work. Tell him Tennessee John sent you!

Milltek Sport
Phill Millington
Unit 8, Victoria Way
Pride Park, Derby
United Kingdon
DE24 8AN
[email protected]

·
Registered
782 Posts
? R8 Milltek is still under development!

·
Registered
104 Posts
? R8 Milltek is still under development!
Non-resonated, non-valved units are on their way from the UK to the US as I type. My car has the first production non-res/non-valve unit built and was installed for the SEMA Show in Las Vegas in November. Stratmosphere.com, the US distributor put up a post on AudiWorld (http://forums.audiworld.com/r8/msgs/7770.phtml) that they would have product before the end of the year.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Non-resonated, non-valved units are on their way from the UK to the US as I type. My car has the first production non-res/non-valve unit built and was installed for the SEMA Show in Las Vegas in November. Stratmosphere.com, the US distributor put up a post on AudiWorld (http://forums.audiworld.com/r8/msgs/7770.phtml) that they would have product before the end of the year.

Strange. I have a direct contact at Milltek UK (Jon) and he's telling me its still under development. Also the site states that.

I know there are a few test pieces, but not the final production ones.

But I want the valved ones, I like the easy cruising with the valves closed. When I want sound I'll push the throttle :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
milltek makes valved and non-valved exhausts?
(and do they use the stock tail pipes ?)

or were you referring to the stock valved exhaust?

Strange. I have a direct contact at Milltek UK (Jon) and he's telling me its still under development. Also the site states that.

I know there are a few test pieces, but not the final production ones.

But I want the valved ones, I like the easy cruising with the valves closed. When I want sound I'll push the throttle :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
milltek makes valved and non-valved exhausts?
(and do they use the stock tail pipes ?)

or were you referring to the stock valved exhaust?
Phil Millington, owner of Milltek told me at SEMA that Milltek would offer a valved version of their R8 exhaust, just as they do for the RS4. Non-valved, non-resonated systems will be the first ones available and later the valved version which I presume will have the resonators. I LOVE the non-valved, non-resonated Milltek I have on my R8. I could not ask for a better sound. Contact Pete @ Stratmosphere (866) 533-1777 or [email protected]

·
Registered
274 Posts
we need local clubs so we can hear each others cars...

our s2000 club does this- its a great way to choose exhausts-

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'll contact Pete for the non-res, non-valve.

Ta.
Why contacting Pete in USA if you live in Australia and you'll be able to buy it directly from Milltek!?

I live in Europ and I'll buy my Milltek from Milltek directly and not in the USA, It doesn't make sense :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts